Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

What do you think of this

Article about: Hello everyone ,I,ve come across this broach and wondered if it is correct ,the seller says it would be worn by a women,any info would be welcome,Regards Paul.

?

Thanks Everyone,Paul.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What do you think of this
    P
    Many

Quote by Jo Rivett View Post
    I would suggest to the original poster, that they go elsewhere to seek the correct answer(s)
    No offense, Jo, and with all due respect: Why not provide him with the answers right here?

Quote by StuG III View Post
    No matter how people feel about Jo he is still the most knowledgeable person I know on the subject of T.R period enamel badges.
    Paul, you would do well to check out his site, Parteiabzeichen

Tom
    True it may be, Tom...but that shouldn't be carte blanche for inexcusable behavior...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

It is sad to see a man who supposedly has a great amount of knowledge. lead and teach by insult and negativity.. In the long run, that behavior only demeans his credibility. We have tolerated his bad behavior here far too long. Like many other forums, Jo is now banned from our forum also.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

No matter how people feel about Jo he is still the most knowledgeable person I know on the subject of T.R period enamel badges.
    If the 'most knowledgeable' person on period enamel badges claims that 'to date not a single soul has been able to prove that any awards have been Feuervergoldet (fire gilded)' amongst his more outlandish claims then I dread to think what the least knowledgeable one would have to say on the subject.
    Better advice would be to idolize no one and do your own research.

cheers

Matt

Fun, fun, fun. I think what Jo was trying to say in his own unique way is that the rear pins can extend past the circumference of the pin front. Of course it's not a brooch and a sympathizer pin is what it is, whether that pin plate is to that piece would be the question as it does extend further than what I am accustomed to seeing but not out of the question. It's a bad idea to try and blanket call some of these things as there are always variables and those variables are often evidenced in market. In some cases these misunderstandings are just language based, Jo's language is always fairly direct which can be at times refreshing and at times not so much. Pin is good from here.

Paul, you would do well to check out his site, Parteiabzeichen

Tom
    Knowledgeable or ignorant, leader or follower, the best or the worse, nothing entitles anyone access to constantly insult and demean others. Someone needs to be humbled in my opinion, granted I truly feel sorry for the guy as usually the ones who conduct themselves in such a manner tend to be angry with the world, depressed and have very few, if any, true friends. For sometime I've watched others be attacked by this character only to apologize to him as if they did something wrong-my guess fearful that the most "knowledgeable" enamel badge collector might not like or assist them anymore. This I'll never understand, just as I'll never understand why he'd always kick others while they were down or attempt to entrap them in his twisted-who dare challenge me-games. I guess we're two different kinds with foreign mindsets to one another.
    As said, one must do his own work in conjunction with learning from others so that their teachings are verified, be it scientific, from period documents or hands on study; that's were the confident answers reside....not within one man. How it's easy to forget when we so passionately admire someone that we are all mortals and error is at the core of our most simplistic mental foundation. Being wrong is as inedible as death and taxes, even for Jo.
    I commend the administrative teams decision and thank them for taking action. Indeed Mr. Coleman, what a tragic waste. He's certainly capable of great things, albeit he suspended his egotistical-elitist attitude and started treating others with some degree of respect. *Honestly Jo, I wish you nothing but future success.
    Last edited by youthcollector1; 03-16-2015 at 09:15 AM.

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    Knowledgeable or ignorant, leader or follower, the best or the worse, nothing entitles anyone access to constantly insult and demean others. Someone needs to be humbled in my opinion, granted I truly feel sorry for the guy as usually the ones who conduct themselves in such a manner tend to be angry with the world, depressed and have very few, if any, true friends. For sometime I've watched others be attacked by this character only to apologize to him as if they did something wrong-my guess fearful that the most "knowledgeable" enamel badge collector might not like or assist them anymore. This I'll never understand, just as I'll never understand why he'd always kick others while they were down or attempt to entrap them in his twisted-who dare challenge me-games. I guess we're two different kinds with foreign mindsets to one another.
    As said, one must do his own work in conjunction with learning from others so that their teachings are verified, be it scientific, from period documents or hands on study; that's were the confident answers reside....not within one man. How it's easy to forget when we so passionately admire someone that we are all mortals and error is at the core of our most simplistic mental foundation. Being wrong is as inedible as death and taxes, even for Jo.
    I commend the administrative teams decision and thank them for taking action. Indeed Mr. Coleman, what a tragic waste. He's certainly capable of great things, albeit he suspended his egotistical-elitist attitude and started treating others with some degree of respect. *Honestly Jo, I wish you nothing but future success.
    Very well said.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Very nice piece, Paul. I hope you have acquired it as there is nothing wrong with it. This style of propaganda badge may be worn by anyone, nut only females or children, etc. Paul, it's not a very common piece but it's not rare either. The size of the attachment pin in proportion to the badge itself has nothing to do with authenticity, as suggested. See pic below, simply the badge is small(ish) compared to the attachment pin, which may be the case with the badge you have shown.

Wow, what a thread....good item gets called bad, Jo replies in "Jo's fashion" and gets booted. No apology for Jo's behavior, he's a grown man, but certainly will not attack a man when he cannot respond. He may have been wrong in his choice of 'style' of reply, but he was dead-on regarding the piece itself.

Mark

What do you think of this
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Although the focus has seemed to be on the Size of the pin attached, there were more points questioned than this. I, for one, still stand by my initial opinion.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast