Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

3 Armbands are they real

Article about: i agree that the first armband is an authentic bevo Kampfbinde. the stamp, whether period applied or not, doesn't change this for me. the other two, as previously stated, are bad for the rea

?

Question 3 Armbands are they real

Hi folks,
    so these three I found, but not sure if they are the real deal and one has a weird thin stripe running in the center.
    On the Waffen SS the embroidery looks funny.
    Appreciate your input.

Thanks,
    Andre
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 3 Armbands are they real   3 Armbands are they real  

3 Armbands are they real   3 Armbands are they real  

3 Armbands are they real  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 3 Armbands are they real
    P
    Many

#1 appears to be an original bevo band. #2 is poorly made and the gold stripe is likely a fantasy design and is considered to be a fake. The SS armband isd a very poor fake as the black tape is not ribbed like original examples. It is also misidentified as Waffen SS as this form of armband was worn on the black uniform in wool and on the brownshirt in cotton.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

I couldn't agree more. I like the BeVo armband, just not sure about the stamp.
    Dean.

?

Thank you for the judgement. Unfortunately I can't make out the stamp on the BeVo armband except"Westf" which is possibly Westfalen.

The stamp is most likely phony

Quote by DeLuxxe View Post
    The stamp is most likely phony
    Not necessarily so. Many armbands were stamped by the issuing organization. They can be either issue or property stamps. Many fake armbands have stamps but that does not give justification to condemn original pieces. There is no reason to place a fake stamp on a genuine piece. There certainly is a reason for a fake stamp on a fake armband. In most cases, genuine stamps are not 100% legible. Fake stamps are usually found to be very clear so all can be read.
    BOB

Here is an example of an original SS cotton kampfbinde. If you compare it to the one you posted, note the great difference in scale compared to the original. If you use our search engine, there are many original examples to study.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 3 Armbands are they real   3 Armbands are they real  

3 Armbands are they real  
    BOB

Personally, I don't care for all 3 of them. The Bevo, as has been mentioned, may or may Not be genuine, but if it is in with the other 2 blatant fakes, then in my opinion, it is tainted as well. It looks like it is made from the same identical cloth as the other 2 with the one difference being the finished edging. Armbands are common and relatively inexpensive to find. I'd wait until a bulletproof piece comes along.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Agreed, pass on all 3 I would advise.

no1 is clearly an original bevo woven armband, tainted and not original because its uploaded/sold with two reproduction armbands? whatever next.......

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast