Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Any Info On Nazi Armband?

Article about: Hello, Here are pictures of the armband that I saw along with the flag I posted about before. I was curious to know about the stamp on it as well. Any information will be appreciated and let

Default Any Info On Nazi Armband?

Hello,

Here are pictures of the armband that I saw along with the flag I posted about before. I was curious to know about the stamp on it as well. Any information will be appreciated and let me know if it is worth $40.

Thanks!

Any Info On Nazi Armband?Any Info On Nazi Armband?Any Info On Nazi Armband?Any Info On Nazi Armband?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Any Info On Nazi Armband?
    P
    Many

Welcome to the forum. I have moved your thread to the proper NSDAP kampfbinde forum. From the limited pictures, the piece appears to be a period cotton kampfbinde. The stamp is odd as it is perfect. It is unusual to see complete readable property stamps on period pieces. One I would like to see in hand.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

My mistake, I wasn't paying attention where I posted it. So do you think the armband is original, but the stamp may be done later?

Quote by azzard16 View Post
    My mistake, I wasn't paying attention where I posted it. So do you think the armband is original, but the stamp may be done later?
    Read my post again as it answers your question with the evidence available. Pictures are not always definitive proof of anything.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

That makes sense. Thanks for the help

Hi, as Bob stated, looks to be correct materials and manufacture style. To find a perfect legible stamp is not a common thing, so somewhat of a red flag, but does not mean its not ok. I think that is why Bob, and myself too, would like to examine in hand. So, undetermined with some points in the positive direction would be the best assessment that could be given.

I completely understand what you mean, and thanks for the input. Assuming it were original do you think $40 is a reasonable price?

Below reasonable!

I seem to have bad luck finding original Nazi items. I doubt I'd have luck finding one at a great price too. If I decide to take the chance I will for sure post better pictures and ask people to see what they think.

If you're having bad luck in finding originals, might I suggest that you study the posts in this and other forums on the items that interest you.
    The amount of knowledge and expertise here is astounding, and all that knowledge is available to you anytime - here. Chances are the questions
    you have, have been covered at some point already in posts. Over time and study you'll get an idea of what to look for - materials, stitching, materials,
    style, etc - on original vs. re-production or fantasy items. I've used this forum for Third Reich armbands and have learned a lot. The more you learn the less
    chance of you being taken by a seller of bogus stuff. What you don't want to do is buy as an uneducated consumer. Posting to the forum good quality images of an item before purchase, also, can unmask problematic
    items - and save you money too! Good luck.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast