Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Any Info On Nazi Armband?

Article about: Hello, Here are pictures of the armband that I saw along with the flag I posted about before. I was curious to know about the stamp on it as well. Any information will be appreciated and let

JMM
    ?

If you decide to buy it pls do post better pics here - partially covered pics are not the best way to study an item. I'm very curious about this one. Stitching looks 100% correct but I have doubts about the rest (but I'm not at all an expert and others will judge better)
    That price is also a bit suspicious (just my opinioin of course)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Any Info On Nazi Armband?
    P
    Many

Does the swastika itself look strange? I'm having a hard time finding other examples like it with a swastika not stitched, but the white circle is. Plus most other ones seem to be wool or a thin rougher looking material.

Quote by azzard16 View Post
    Does the swastika itself look strange? I'm having a hard time finding other examples like it with a swastika not stitched, but the white circle is. Plus most other ones seem to be wool or a thin rougher looking material.
    Everything looks correct. They were made either from wool for wear on a tunic and overcoat and cotton, which this one is, for shirts.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Any Info On Nazi Armband?
    So here is a picture of the whole armband and another I had seen but didn't take any pictures of. If the other one isn't too suspicious by the looks of it in this picture, I may just take a chance on them.

The stitching and form in which this piece is made is fine, the stamp raises a bit of question, may be applied later, or may be just a nice clean, clear period stamp. Enough on the positive side, and a good price, I would take the chance. I do believe that the armband itself is an original period piece. And your question on the style in which its made, they had several ways of stitching these together, so that all is ok. They also made these in printed versions, similar to the other armband posted. I would make an offer on both. but thats just me. Hope this helps. K.

Thanks for the help. I did make an offer and he will do $70 for the pair which I figured was pretty fair. Even if they do turn out to be fake I would at least have some nice pieces to display until I got originals. Once I get them I will for sure upload detailed pictures that may make it easier to identify.

MAP
    ?

Nice items and good price. Kudos to the help provided.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Default Honesty

Most if not all members here at WRF are bona fide collectors with honesty and integrity
    in the collecting field.. This is not a "Slam" on anyone... But if I were trying to glean information on an item I certainly would not show where the piece is sitting let alone where to find it..
    Recently, a fellow member had "A Hit" on an item... It was deemed genuine... Before he could make the purchase.... It was gone... Just a lesson..... I have made the price tag on the one photo and dealer information disappear to keep the identity of the seller unavailable to others... I hope you can fathom this... G
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Any Info On Nazi Armband?  
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

I appreciate the tip, I do understand we don't live in a perfect world so I'll have to do this next time. Thanks everyone for the advice.

I finally got the armbands after a mix up with the billing, and I'll have the pictures up, but I have a bad feeling about these after studying many examples on here for the past month.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast