Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Arm bands

Article about: I picked up a fairly large vet bring home grouping yesterday. This stuff all sat in a trunk that wasnt opened for the last 60 years. When i got home, i was checking out the mess kit, i opene

Default Arm bands

I picked up a fairly large vet bring home grouping yesterday. This stuff all sat in a trunk that wasnt opened for the last 60 years. When i got home, i was checking out the mess kit, i opened it up, and to my surprise, i found 5 arm bands folded up inside. They are in pristine condition, have tags, no stains, etc. I heard they are SA related. I would love to know more about them.

the rest of the pics are posted here:

Estate Sale finds

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Arm bands
    P
    Many

Default Re: Arm bands

Wow nice looking stuff! Is the photo album German or American? I'd like to see some of the photos if there is anything interesting. Also what division patches (if any) are on the uniform?

The singel kampfbinde is the standard political model worn by the SA, NSKK, NSDAP, RAD and other government organizations. The other four are for wear on civilian clothing by members of the SA Wehrmannschaft. These are always found in unissued condition. For many years, these were misidentified as "SA Sports." I am not sure if these were ever issued as although they are quite common, I have yet to see a period photograph of it being worn.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by soalebm View Post
    Wow nice looking stuff! Is the photo album German or American? I'd like to see some of the photos if there is anything interesting. Also what division patches (if any) are on the uniform?
    Hi, the photo album is a "Soldiers Diary" from the US. Unfortunately, its empty! Good shape though. The uniform is from the 45 Infantry Division, US.

very good lot. Like your canteen a lot.

?

Nice find.

Im thinking about selling a couple of the armbands to help ease the pain of a helmet purchase I just made. Im not sure how much they are worth. I mostly collect US, so German stuff is out of my realm for the most part If anyone has any opinions please let me know. PM is fine also. Thanks.

?

Hi Jaybone,

I've just sent you a private message, suggesting one or two places for some valuations. Also, its worth remembering that if you were to become a Gold Club Member (see the top of the home page), then you would be able to advertise your items for sale in the classifieds section here on the forum. Its not expensive, well worth the money and goes to a great cause.

Cheers,

Carl