Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Armband - Second opinion please.

Article about: The actual tunic shown in the photograph.

The actual tunic shown in the photograph.

Armband - Second opinion please.Armband - Second opinion please.Armband - Second opinion please.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Armband - Second opinion please.
    P
    Many

?

What great provenance the photo AND the tunic... It gives a full circle of history....Very nice... Gwar

?

Default Wow--

Bob - thanks for the education---
    B

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Frankly, at times it becomes quite tiring helping out people who pay nothing to support this great site, take from the vast pool of knowledge and do not have the common courtesy to even show any appreciation. Incidents like this make me wonder why I even continue to volunteer my time here. Lately, I have seen too much of this entitled behavior here. I feel they are entitled to do what I did years ago when there was no Internet. Take a chance and find out later whether you made a good buy or flushed your money away.
    Well said. We are often chumps, truth be told.

Bob's role here is stellar, and his collection equally so. Those who extract, harvest without sowing, et cetera are the bane of our lives, that's for sure.

We would be remiss were we not to mention the inestimable value added to this forum by you, Friedrich-Berthold. And there would be no member not in perfect agreement with your comments concerning Bob Coleman. I would go so far as to say the price of admission here is more than a deal given that it affords a "moral" access to collectors such as yourselves given, of course, that the one seeking that access remembers that your time is generously given (often over trivial and repetitive inquiries) with nothing in return other than the expression of thanks you receive and that this "thanks", combined with membership support, do more to maintain the quality of community we are fortunate to have here than might appear to be the case at first blush.

It having been only been a day that has passed, our collector may very well turn out to be the kind who does show with his "thanks" and perhaps even with membership in tow. I do not tell any collector what to do, but merely point out what many collectors often do.

Quote by tempelhof View Post
    We would be remiss were we not to mention the inestimable value added to this forum by you, Friedrich-Berthold. And there would be no member not in perfect agreement with your comments concerning Bob Coleman. I would go so far as to say the price of admission here is more than a deal given that it affords a "moral" access to collectors such as yourselves given, of course, that the one seeking that access remembers that your time is generously given (often over trivial and repetitive inquiries) with nothing in return other than the expression of thanks you receive and that this "thanks", combined with membership support, do more to maintain the quality of community we are fortunate to have here than might appear to be the case at first blush.

It having been only been a day that has passed, our collector may very well turn out to be the kind who does show with his "thanks" and perhaps even with membership in tow. I do not tell any collector what to do, but merely point out what many collectors often do.
    Thanks for yours, but it was Bob Coleman who brought me here and his example of character and stead fastness under fire have always been important to me.
    We are grateful for our fine hoard of good and solid members, and pfui on everyone who fails to act according to the standards here.
    I cannot fathom why persons show such appalling manners on line, and why the least human courtesy seems such a bridge too far....?
    Brave new world, that's for sure.

For myself, I have recently endured a spate of bad collector behavior in other precincts. Such concerns wealthy, but ill informed novices whose level of ambition in collecting is unmatched by the years of hard work to enable them to collect successfully. That is, they rely solely on others to form their opinions. They are prone to panic, even when offered authentic things. I am sure such high jinx stems in part from the ill effects of the digital sites, which generate such flak, such distortion, such cognitive dissonance, that novice collectors simply collapse and retreat in the face of the confusion that is amplified elsewhere in the false moral posturing that is the sickening norm. Bob's headgear collection was enshrined in one of the first cap books of the storied year 1968, and his depth of experience is always a source of strength for us all.

Oh well. Hooray for the upside down arm band, and hooray for Bob for telling us about it so well.

This being said, I also know that there are younger persons who think that a person over 50 or so is full of it, and that's ducky, too.

Goetz von Berlichingen.....!!

The ratio of time to knowledge, at least as I understand it, has been grossly perverted by this appliance, and I know that this fact galls Bob and me greatly, but it is generalized.
    Knowledge is rendered information, and devalued as a result, when what we want is very much knowledge that takes a very long time to form, to refine, to perfect.

Bob Coleman is truly a collector we are fortunate to have here and one I learn from all the time.

Here he provides not only an opinion one can take to the bank, but also shows why these particular armbands are marked the way they are. Going further, he shows an original tunic demonstrating the error such markings were made to prevent and with it, a photograph documenting the thing as well... a photograph of the exact tunic shown to make the point.

where else would one want to spend that membership dollar?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast