Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Authentic armband or not?

Article about: A strange question, perhaps, but if an armband is not made of "wool or cloth material either", then what would it be made of? I don't recall ever seeing any leather, paper or metal

A strange question, perhaps, but if an armband is not made of "wool or cloth material either", then what would it be made of? I don't recall ever seeing any leather, paper or metal armbands...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Authentic armband or not?
    P
    Many

It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thank you Bob did not realize interesting fact

One that my friends grandpa has looks and feels like wool. Mine feels like a flag material? I don't know how to explain it properly. Thank you everyone for all of your help. I truly appreciate it!

Fair enough answer! Armbands were actually made of several different types of material. Some were heavy wool in an almost Felt kind of construction (the Moths love these!), and some were stiffer heavy grade cotton linen and some again were very light cloth that you could see light through if you held them up. But, the 2 basic materials used were wool and cotton-they just came in a variety of thickness and cloth weight, is all. Some feature stitched emblems added on to them, some have woven or "Bevo" emblems, while still others were printed onto the fabric. And some of the earliest kinds were Home made and can be found in any number of different variations-depending on what the person had available at home to make them with!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Appreciate it! Because this one definitely doesn't feel like wool or cotton haha

not sure about that!!!

good one

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2