Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Is this a fake armband? I'm pretty sure it is

Article about: Hey all, I found a listing for an armband that the seller claims they stumbled over along with a few other WWII items. It looks pretty much like a fake to me, too clean/stitching looks new/q

?

eBay. Yeah I know, it's a crapshoot there, but it's fun checking in on things sometimes. Every once in a while, something good will pop up if you know how to look.

But again, I was extremely wary because it WAS eBay...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this a fake armband? I'm pretty sure it is
    P
    Many

It was probably pulled off ebay, by ebay, that happens alot with swaz items, you can find good items on ebay from time to time, it is not the perfect go to place for TR memorabilia but sometimes you can get lucky if you know what your doing.

Definite fake. These were available all over the Internet10+ years ago. The method of sewing and materials are not correct. After 80+ years, natural oxidation would cause some yellowing to the white material. Pure 4th Reich junk.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Maximus, it was listed as "sold", whereas pulled items simply disappear. I've certainly seen them pull items in the past though!

Bob, thank you for the closure! I thought the stitching looked off. Good to know I did the right thing and let it go.

I don't understand why so many active members are posting inaccurate information when we've had several threads on this variant in the last month, some who even commented on the prior threads. It is a early political variant, used from 1926-1929, and this example is a copy, not a original.

Here's one,
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/nsdap...mbands-313796/

And another,
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ss-un...rmband-312826/

Also, the roundel was much larger than your example in any photographic evidence I've seen. Such as Deans example,
    Is this a fake armband? I'm pretty sure it is
    Last edited by youthcollector1; 08-16-2013 at 11:08 AM.

Genuine examples of the early kampfbinde for leaders with the white stripes are extremely rare. In the many years I have collected, I have only encountered one and that was in my early days of collecting. I know it was genuine as I purchased it for $1.00 in the late 1950's.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

well i suppose it's a moot point and probably an absurd suspicion in any case, but i was hoping to see the inside because the red wool part of this armband seems authentic to me. and it has very typical wear that you would see to the nap.

what i was hoping to ferret out is whether this might be true... that this armband is a sort of "frankenstein" where an individual took a basic wool armband, stripped it, and added the rest to create what would have been a much more valuable piece. for this reason, i'd hoped to see the stitching on the inside and even better to have seen something like this in hand.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3