Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

HJ Armband - Havent seen one like this before?

Article about: This one is different than I have seen (and I searched for an hour on the forum to find an exact match)... Thoughts? If it's fake - it fooled the "cake" out of me!... Bevo style di

?

Default HJ Armband - Havent seen one like this before?

This one is different than I have seen (and I searched for an hour on the forum to find an exact match)... Thoughts? If it's fake - it fooled the "cake" out of me!... Bevo style diamond swaz pattern (very "puffy"), sewn on and through another solid white line... Take a look! DuffHJ Armband - Havent seen one like this before?HJ Armband - Havent seen one like this before?HJ Armband - Havent seen one like this before?HJ Armband - Havent seen one like this before?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ Armband - Havent seen one like this before?
    P
    Many

Default Re: HJ Armband - Havent seen one like this before?

Nice 4 piece construction and in fine shape as well!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Its a little worn - but yeah, the "4" piece construction with that "puffy" of a BEVO Swaz was my only concern. I have seen "4" piece HJ Bands - but none with this style swaz...

I agree with Wagriff. A nice period original band in an unusual construction. It is likely to be an early piece.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

It's nice, I've always liked BeVo cloth. I thought this might be of an older make at first glance as well. Interesting the reverse diamond stitching is unfinished.
    Dean.

?

Thanks Fella's.. I have been doing some research, trying to find out if there is a way to identify it to a certain year or year(s)... Not sure if that will happen or not.. lol It is about 1/2 smaller in width than my other HJ's... Smaller arm I guess.. Maybe the "Deutsches Jungvolk?" But maybe that didn't matter in "armband" wear - the "ages" of the HJ members per say...

Dean - I did look at that quite a bit recently (unfinished sewing). Either way, I would love to see if I cant find out a "year" per say... Another "research" project is at hand, I guess...

Quote by Duff View Post
    Thanks Fella's.. I have been doing some research, trying to find out if there is a way to identify it to a certain year or year(s)... Not sure if that will happen or not.. lol It is about 1/2 smaller in width than my other HJ's... Smaller arm I guess.. Maybe the "Deutsches Jungvolk?" But maybe that didn't matter in "armband" wear - the "ages" of the HJ members per say...

Dean - I did look at that quite a bit recently (unfinished sewing). Either way, I would love to see if I cant find out a "year" per say... Another "research" project is at hand, I guess...
    Good luck on trying to date this piece. As it is not what I would consider a official pattern, there would not be any records as to when this style was made. I think it is mission impossible but please let us know if you discover something.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

I agree with Bob. Some HJ items were handmade or personalized. I have a couple DJ Trumpet banners that are obviously different due to this reason. I'm not saying this is why yours is different but it's something I've noticed with these items.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ Armband - Havent seen one like this before?  

I agree with the comments of the other members here. A good original item IMO, and as said difficult to date exactly when manufactured or worn.

?

I agree with all of you - dating this will be next to impossible. I would just like to find some period pictures of this style band being worn. I believe that would satisfy my "need"... lol

I love the trumpet banners Dean!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast