Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kampfbinde opinion please...

Article about: Hi there This is my first post as i've just started collecting. Please could i have your opinions on this armband i've just bought. real/fake/good buy or not. I believe it to be genuine due

Default Kampfbinde opinion please...

Hi there
    This is my first post as i've just started collecting. Please could i have your opinions on this armband i've just bought. real/fake/good buy or not.

I believe it to be genuine due to others i've compared it to on this forum but would like someone with experience to comment on it.

Many thanks for your time

Kyle
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kampfbinde opinion please...   Kampfbinde opinion please...  

Last edited by trooper; 02-26-2013 at 09:34 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kampfbinde opinion please...
    P
    Many

Default Re: Kampfbinde opinion please...

Hi Kyle, it is fine.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Got my armband through the post yesterday. Really happy with it. Looks really clean and was advertised as an unissued one so shows hardly any wear.

I've took a few closer pics for you to check. I've done the burn test and that was positive as i'd learned on this forum. So i think it's a totally genuine period armband.

Here are the pics anyway...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kampfbinde opinion please...   Kampfbinde opinion please...  

No need to burn anything, that's a beautiful, period item you have there. By the way, that test is no longer full proof, some fakers go to the extent to use period cloth to fool us collectors. Congratulations on a great piece.

Thanks for the reply, so is the black light test still useful as i've read about on here?

The test aren't "bad", just not full proof. If the fakers uses period cloth, the burn test and black light test will not matter due to the cloth with be pre 50's and will react the same as an period item.

Ok thanks! I'm really happy with this armband as my first buy. And even more happy now it's been confirmed the genuine article.

Many thanks!

You have done a great job on your first item, it's an amazing piece. Don't forget to post items before you purchase them, seeing how you are new to tr memorabilia, it will say you a ton of headache. Happy collection!

?

Welcome to the forum trooper,

A nice example in wonderful condition. Classic three piece construction NSDAP Kampfbinde such as yours are rather common items, but you have found a very fine example. Well done.

Regards,

Carl

Thanks so much. I'm looking at buying a german nazi party flag next. I've found one and will put photos up now from the dealers site. Just to make sure it's a good buy...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast