Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Kampfbindes for opinions Please

Article about: I picked up two Kampfbinde (Armband) and believe they are correct for a overcoat. Both NSDAP. One cotton and one wool based upon RZM markings, only based on my research. One has a few moth n

Default Kampfbindes for opinions Please

I picked up two Kampfbinde (Armband) and believe they are correct for a overcoat. Both NSDAP. One cotton and one wool based upon RZM markings, only based on my research. One has a few moth nips and is not i great condition. The other has some unique lettering in white but I cannot make it out. Please go easy but be honest as I am still a rookie an do make mistakes but not a snowflake. Both look good to me but would like to better understand if not originals. I will split up if they should be listed separately and apologize ahead of time. All opinions, good or bad, are appreciated. Both passed the black light test which is not conclusive.
    John

Kampfbindes for opinions PleaseKampfbindes for opinions PleaseKampfbindes for opinions PleaseKampfbindes for opinions PleaseKampfbindes for opinions Please

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kampfbindes for opinions Please
    P
    Many

2nd Kampfbinde Pics
    John

Kampfbindes for opinions PleaseKampfbindes for opinions PleaseKampfbindes for opinions PleaseKampfbindes for opinions PleaseKampfbindes for opinions Please

The first one in wool is imo good, nicely constructed, correct materials, good tag. The second one imo is bad as the swastika should not be stitched the whole way through to the reverse side/interior also the RZM tag looks bogus. Best regards.

Brian
    Last edited by bsiwula1; 09-06-2017 at 11:19 AM.

Thank you for the reply. I am a bit disappointed as I thought the second one was good as well. I still have much to learn. Is it correct to say these were for the overcoat? Is there a specific size they were made for each application? I am assuming only two sizes made one for each.
    John

To the best of my knowledge John I would say yes more than likely for a dress uniform application. However they were manufactured at full length cut to size sewn together and applied to the garment. So as a general nsdap armband, they could of been worn on an undershirt if allowed, such as in the case of a brownshirt or what have you. But I would think the cotton variant would be better suited to that application. JMO. Wim, Bob, or FB could provide you with more specifics concerning the when and where or "wear" lol of such items. As they know the ins and outs of uniforms, and dress standards like doctrine. Wish I could help more with that one. Best regards.

Brian
    Last edited by bsiwula1; 09-07-2017 at 11:25 AM.

Any other thoughts out there on the first one. I would like to confirm original. If the 2nd one is bad I would like to confirm I was fooled, but easily so.
    John