Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

My SA armband

Article about: Interesting. Makes sense though.

Default My SA armband

I had this verified by a German military expert, actually one used by Pawn Stars appraisers from time to time (that's who recommended him to me). I hope he was right about this one being real, cause I never see others like it. Most are like patches, where mine's emblem is made of some sort of metal wire coiled around the thread. Here's some photos.

My SA armband
    My SA armband
    My SA armband

I also have this thing, which I'm almost certain is a fake. I was told it was an SS doctors armband by someone once, but I doubt that's true. It's certainly curious even if it's a fake, cause it's a lot like some of the armbands I've learned about Jews and other declared "undesirables" had to wear. It's made of some sort of canvas feeling material.

My SA armband
    My SA armband
    Last edited by avenger; 05-30-2014 at 12:57 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My SA armband
    P
    Many

Hi Avenger hang tight..you are surely to receive replys to your post. Interesting items. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

The SS armband is a fake item. For SS Volunteer
    No Idea on the other.
    Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

I don't know about the SA armband, but if it's fake I'll be surprised. The metal wiring would be such an odd choice to fake something with. It'd have to be more expensive to produce, and harder to work with. I'll see if I can get a better picture. I took these with an old camera, and we have a better one now.

These should help:

My SA armband

My SA armband

My SA armband

I've never heard of or seen such an armband. The round metal looks almost identical to the metallics that are coming out of India lately....Personally, I would pass on both pieces.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Oh, it's long since too late. I bought this back in the 90's, when Saving Private Ryan came out. You really think it could be fake? I've found info online about Nazi stuff that was made out of this bullion (I think that's what they called it) threading. If it's fake, it's the least economical fake I could imagine. And, so different from the patch emblem versions I'm familiar with these days, it seems like it would be a hard fake to pass. I'm not expert though. Perhaps I was took. I was just buying stuff thinking it was all legitimate. After all who would fake this stuff right?

I have the same feeling as William.
    Never mind the bullion the cloth and RZM tag look not to be of the period.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Well crap. I'm glad I didn't pay much for them. I thought I had a good SA armband though, all these years.

?

I don't know about the armband, but if the person I'm thinking of 'authenticated' it, then I'd be suspicious!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast