Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

My SA armband

Article about: Interesting. Makes sense though.

Quote by Erno View Post
    I don't know about the armband, but if the person I'm thinking of 'authenticated' it, then I'd be suspicious!
    I hoped to not open that can of worms.
    That is why I said nothing about that part.
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My SA armband
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Eric Zentner View Post
    I hoped to not open that can of worms.
    That is why I said nothing about that part.
    He might not be talking about 'that person,' but it really doesn't bode well for the armband if so.

Fakers have been long known to do this-rather than fake a common item, they really go overboard and make it look "exotic" and from someone higher up. People are less likely to question something that looks "expensive and hand worked" than they would be for a common run of the mill badge. Take a look at the pair of high grade fake Todt organization collar tabs and you'll see what I mean about the bullion wire.

My SA armbandMy SA armband
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by avenger View Post
    Well crap. I'm glad I didn't pay much for them. I thought I had a good SA armband though, all these years.
    Well don't go throwing it in the trash just yet. I can't say I'm in love with it either but I wouldn't bin it just because a few folk say they don't like it. Personally I think the tag looks too new as well as being oddly 'square' shaped. Who knows, perhaps some SA member had a wife who was really into embroidery (or perhaps the SA mann himself was inclined towards the 'fairer' arts?)

Lol. I hope to pick up a cross stitch SS armband too! They'll go well together.

Well, it is what it is. I'm disappointed that I don't have an SA armband, but they're not that expensive. I don't know if I paid $50 for this all those years ago. This is why I found this forum. I vet these decisions these days because I want to make sure I have original stuff. It's just one of those lessons learned, and certainly one of the least expensive one's have I had in life.

There is nothing authentic about that RZM tag IMO and I don't like the cloth material used at all.
    To be honest I too have never encountered anything like it before therefore I won't say it's outright a fake but I highly doubt it's authenticity. Being SA armbands go for around 80 usd I'd much rather have a known original example anyways.

Here's a real SA armband;
    My SA armband

And a real tag found inside;
    My SA armband
    Last edited by youthcollector1; 05-30-2014 at 10:49 PM.

Both pieces are fake. The SA Wehrmannschaft armband was never made with wire insignia. The tag is a poor fantasy design.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Bob is a real expert you can trust, unlike the one you spoke of.
    All and all I say this is a cheap lesson that lead you to an amazing forum. Post everything prior to buying and you will increase your odds of not buying a fake significantly.

Thanks for the help, info and support folks. I've already remedied my lack of real armbands with some help from kind folks on the forum here.

Hopefully these check out better than my last two:

Wool Party: VeteransFootlocker.com*Catalog

HJ: VeteransFootlocker.com*Catalog

Is the HJ armband more rare than the typical woven swastika I keep seeing more of, or is it from a certain period?

Both are the genuine article but, in my opinion, way overpriced, expecially the political piece. Watch our For Sale section as both types turn up here at more reasonable prices.
    I have handled a speciman of the fake Wehrmannschaft armband with the wire embroidery. The color of the rd tends to go more to an orange tint. It is definitely a fantasy pattern of a genuine armband design.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast