Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

My SA armband

Article about: Interesting. Makes sense though.

Hi Avenger-
    See if you can return the two fake armbnads. Any "knowledgable" collector or dealer would know both are bad. An honorable dealer will give you a refund. A crook will not. If the latter, I am sure you know not to patronise him again.
    In the future, please do not use links to show an item as once they no longer exist, the thread information is useless.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My SA armband
    P
    Many

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Hi Avenger-
    See if you can return the two fake armbnads. Any "knowledgable" collector or dealer would know both are bad. An honorable dealer will give you a refund. A crook will not. If the latter, I am sure you know not to patronise him again.
    In the future, please do not use links to show an item as once they no longer exist, the thread information is useless.
    Will do.

Alas, I'm about 15 or so years removed from the SA armband purchase. I got that from ebay back when you could find this sort of piece there.

I had a feeling the armbands were overpriced, even considered trying to make an offer to them, but I was eager to get them. I did look at the classifieds here, but there was just a HJ armband there (the party armbands weren't in as good of condition as the one I bought), and this one with the multipiece swastika seemed more interesting to me, even though I don't think it's in as good of shape as the one listed here. I could always buy that variation later.

Back when I bought the SA fake, the traditional party armband was the one I was really wanting, but they were as much as I just paid back then, and this college boy couldn't afford that and to buy the flag I got at that time. Thankfully, it turns out my naval jack flag is real according to the folks in this forum. That one would have gutted me to turn out fake.

In the end, I just made the armband purchase I put off 15 years, which will fill a big hole in my collection.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Both are the genuine article but, in my opinion, way overpriced, expecially the political piece.
    $175 for a wool party kampfbind is crazy, I think I paid around $100 for my example and that included the bringback certificate!

My SA armbandMy SA armbandMy SA armband

?

Quote by Erno View Post
    I don't know about the armband, but if the person I'm thinking of 'authenticated' it, then I'd be suspicious!
    Yeah - I can say if its that bum, then I would also be stink eyed.....

BUT - what this is trying to be (armband) is a Sports Armband (I believe). The symbol is the same as what's found on a standard sporting armband. I have one - with an RZM tag, which are very common. I have not seen the "bullion" version, as you display here. The tag looks goofy to me as does the "rim" on the outside of the roundel. I cant say its real or fake. If I got it for $10 - I wouldn't care.. Although for a lot more - I would pass. I would also need to take a really GOOD look at that tag... I don't like it from the pics... I also don't like the back of the band where the bullion goes through that "material." Just my opinion Boss.....

EDIT - IM A DAY LATE AND DOLLAR SHORT ON THIS, Sorry didn't see the "page(s)".....

Quote by Duff View Post
    Yeah - I can say if its that bum, then I would also be stink eyed.....

BUT - what this is trying to be (armband) is a Sports Armband (I believe). The symbol is the same as what's found on a standard sporting armband. I have one - with an RZM tag, which are very common. I have not seen the "bullion" version, as you display here. The tag looks goofy to me as does the "rim" on the outside of the roundel. I cant say its real or fake. If I got it for $10 - I wouldn't care.. Although for a lot more - I would pass. I would also need to take a really GOOD look at that tag... I don't like it from the pics... I also don't like the back of the band where the bullion goes through that "material." Just my opinion Boss.....

EDIT - IM A DAY LATE AND DOLLAR SHORT ON THIS, Sorry didn't see the "page(s)".....
    There is no such thing as a "SA sports armband." This pattern is for an armband worn by SA Wehrmannschaft on civilian clothing. The armband in question has been incorrectly identified for many years.
    BOB

?

A short lived organization as well, I believe. The armbands must have been made in quantity and most never issued before its demise. Hence the large quantity of these available.
    Pete

My SA armbandMy SA armband
    Quote by wood View Post
    A short lived organization as well, I believe. The armbands must have been made in quantity and most never issued before its demise. Hence the large quantity of these available.
    Pete
    I have never encountered an example that had been worn. The need for replacement military manpower likely left the need for these redundant. Attached are two images of the armband in wear thanks to Wilhelm Saris. These are the only images I have ever seen of the armband in wear.
    BOB

Thank you Mr. Coleman for the valuable information. Until now, I wasn't aware of the existence of these two photographs. It's always pleasant to learn something new.
    Thank you Mr. Saris for discovering them as well. You're a fine researcher and we're all lucky to benefit from your amazing work.

Is there a reason they made all these armbands nobody ever used?

Quote by avenger View Post
    Is there a reason they made all these armbands nobody ever used?
    They became obsolete due to the fact that manpower demands due to war losses meant men went directly in to the military and the Wehrmannschaft became obsolete as did the armbands.
    BOB

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast