Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Narrow armband

Article about: I have a chance to purchase a narrow (2") wide nsdap armband. Who wore these narrow ones? It is in pretty good shape and the person wants about \\$50 for it. Is that a good buy?

?

Default Narrow armband

I have a chance to purchase a narrow (2") wide nsdap armband. Who wore these narrow ones? It is in pretty good shape and the person wants about $50 for it. Is that a good buy?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Narrow armband
    P
    Many

Hi KW....not sure if I seen a 2" band..you have photos? which would greatly help us to help you. Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I think he is talking about the narrow banded NSDAP piece or so called "Volkstrum" one most experts and I think even Lubenstein believe they were made in the 1960's for collector market they were all around when I was a kid for dollar fifty or so I think I read one time they were searching for period pictures and haven't found any they are all printed and claim to be late war. I know a lot believe in them I would not IMO. timothy

?

thanks guys. i was just wondering

Quote by timothy View Post
    I think he is talking about the narrow banded NSDAP piece or so called "Volkstrum" one most experts and I think even Lubenstein believe they were made in the 1960's for collector market they were all around when I was a kid for dollar fifty or so I think I read one time they were searching for period pictures and haven't found any they are all printed and claim to be late war. I know a lot believe in them I would not IMO. timothy

I am sorry to say but your information is totally incorrect and likely some form of gun show lore. The narrow auxillary NSDAP armbands have been around since I started collecting in the mid 1950's. I have purchased numerous examples over the years directly from veterans. It never fails to amaze me how many people make statements about the 50's and 60's when they were likely not collecting at the time and also likely not even around. We had a recent thread on these here: Lot of NSDAP Printed Armbands
    kwc 271 welcome to the Forum. I am sorry you received some incorrect information. That does not occur here often.
    Last edited by BOB COLEMAN; 12-11-2013 at 05:59 AM.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Thank you Mr. Coleman. I'm thinking about getting the armband and I'll post pics when I do.

?

The armband I am looking at does not have the printed words on it though

The printing on these armbands is not as common as unmarked examples. The printed titles indicated the wearer had some special duty as a NSDAP auxillary. The majority of these were worn by civilians volunteering in some aspect of the air defense system. Known lettered examples are "NSDAP Partei-beritschaft" and "NSDAP Luftskreigs Einsatz." At the end of the war, many of these were unissued and GI's would take a handful as souvenirs. They are fairly common and serve a unique purpose.
    BOB

?

thanks for the info. I appreciate it.

Quote by kwc271 View Post
    thanks for the info. I appreciate it.
    Your "thank you" is greatly appreciated.
    BOB

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast