Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Nazi ARMBANDS and Deaths Head Skull Patch

Article about: I have a guy who is selling some WWII items he claims are from his uncle who was in Germany at the end of the war. There are these 2 armbands, and this unusual skull patch. Any info would be

Default Nazi ARMBANDS and Deaths Head Skull Patch

I have a guy who is selling some WWII items he claims are from his uncle who was in Germany at the end of the war. There are these 2 armbands, and this unusual skull patch. Any info would be great because I do not want to overpay for these items. He also has other items such as coins, stamps, paper items (magazines--Der Fuhrer I think) and an iron cross (wwi and wwii), and I think a Hitler Youth armband as well (I've added one pic of some of the other items as well). I apologize in advnce for the pics, but these are all I have to go by. thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nazi ARMBANDS and Deaths Head Skull Patch   Nazi ARMBANDS and Deaths Head Skull Patch  

Nazi ARMBANDS and Deaths Head Skull Patch   Nazi ARMBANDS and Deaths Head Skull Patch  

Nazi ARMBANDS and Deaths Head Skull Patch  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nazi ARMBANDS and Deaths Head Skull Patch
    P
    Many

Default Re: Nazi ARMBANDS and Deaths Head Skull Patch

All the items look fine, but I am at a loss to id the "deathshead" patch: I have never seen anything like it before?

Cheers, Ade.

thanks for the info! I hope these things are good. You also replied to my question on the 2 daggers that are with this lot. I will meet with the guy and see the iron crosses and other items he did not send pics of. But, if he will not budge on the $450 price tag, I won't do it. I'm not sure of the value of armbands lately, but these 2, a HJ band, a couple iron crosses, and this paperwork I don't think adds up to $450 worth of collectables! What do you think--assuming the other items are real... Thanks again

PS---is there another catagory on this forum where I could post the deathhead patch and get more info??

Bill

Hi Bill, I would need to see the Iron Crosses, but a present with the repro daggers, the price is indeed too high.

You could try the SS forum for the patch: but expect a rough ride! I think they will find it an object of fun It honestly looks like no deathshead I have seen before.

Cheers, Ade.

OKW
    ?

Freikorps?

I've never seen a patch like it, I would be very surpriced that this one is period...

I hope ADE or someone will comment on this...
    I knew i had seen that quite distinctive shape skull before:
    Finnish Issued German M35's and Czech M34
    A rather well published example from the Cavalry Museum of Lappeenranta Finland. It is thought this helmet might be an issued example from the Uusimma Dragoon Regiment who were known to paint such skulls on their helmets. This might also be an example of helmet issue to Kev Os 4, also known for the skulls on their helmets.
    Regards
    Dan.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nazi ARMBANDS and Deaths Head Skull Patch   Nazi ARMBANDS and Deaths Head Skull Patch