Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Need help! Authenticity armband help please

Article about: hey there, Can anyone possibly tell me if these are real or fake please? Onehas significant age and one looks like it is in mint condition. They feel as if they are very thin. I bought then

Default Need help! Authenticity armband help please

hey there, Can anyone possibly tell me if these are real or fake please? Onehas significant age and one looks like it is in mint condition. They feel as if they are very thin. I bought then from a seller/collector who grants a life time back guarentee for authenticity so if they are fake I can get my money back. I have seen real ones and they do seem real, im just having some trouble. Thank you all very much.

MINT ONE
    Need help!  Authenticity armband help please

OLD ONE
    Last edited by Petroskyt; 07-16-2015 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Added pictures

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help!  Authenticity armband help please
    P
    Many

I can't see any photos
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

They look fine to me, I believe you are ok.
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Even though the mint one looks that new? The seller told me when he got them from a vets son, the vet who brought them home kept the mint ones in a tin box until he literally sold them to the seller and thats why it looks that new. Also, I don't know much about RZM tags. Does that look authentic as well? Thank you for the help.

I think both armband & paper RZM tag look perfectly original - they are just not SS , but NSDAP incl. SA , etc. ( armband was initially posted in the SS forum ) ..
    Last edited by Winkelman; 07-17-2015 at 01:48 AM.

OKay thank you! Like I said, I know absolutely nothing about RZM tags. Could you tell me how you learned please? I don't want to do the "burn test" and some have told me the black light test is pointless. Know anything about those "test" by any chance?

?

Wool "D".... Cotton "B"... G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

but how can you tell if they are authentic or not since theres so many repros? ):

IM just trying to learn the details since I just recently started collecting. I read the black light and burn test but are those accurate?

?

Quote by Petroskyt View Post
    IM just trying to learn the details since I just recently started collecting. I read the black light and burn test but are those accurate?
    To each their own... I feel that in order to better appreciate the "Armband" if in doubt... Ask here first..
    Second... A hands on approach and studying the different construction methods... Sewing traits.. Materials and so forth... Also, Bob Colman has a great deal of knowledge on these matters above most.. Perhaps you should trawl through prior threads to see what you can come up with...
    Also, black light testing or a burn test is accepted.. I feel that one should ask first before buying if new to collecting... As you collect more and more it will become easier to differentiate the bogus and good... Good luck and TC Petroskyt G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast