Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Need help! Authenticity armband help please

Article about: hey there, Can anyone possibly tell me if these are real or fake please? Onehas significant age and one looks like it is in mint condition. They feel as if they are very thin. I bought then

I'm no expert, but I've seen this type before and like this one as well. I felt my cotton armband was light material when I got it too, so it may be that's just your perception. The B tag is correct for a cotton version. Blacklight is a good test, but detergents can make items glow if the piece has been washed in the past. The burn test is also useful, since modern synthetic blends will melt as they burn rather than turn to ash like natural fiber. But, the downside is you need a loose thread.

I'd also recommend the smell test. Never underestimate the old musky smell as an indicator to go along with your other senses and knowledge.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help!  Authenticity armband help please
    P
    Many

I was just excited to buy them! Im glad they are real though! And any other time I Will def ask here before I make a purchase or a trade (:
    I appreciate all of your help! I will check out the details on the sewing and everything!

?

Great post avenger !!
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Yeah I was reading stuff on them and others were saying how theirs felt thin and light! I was also reading stuff on the RZM tags and I was reading on the labels, Just having trouble telling whether it's real or not on my own. I believe everyone in here though!

Mine smells weird! They both smell like old ass mothballs I guess? lol

?

Petroskyt, I really don't know what your collecting interests are, but trust me... We have all been burned once or twice... ( Pardon the Pun ), Luckily you made out well... G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Yeah, buying a stinker or two is part of the experience, and even happens to folks that have been at this a long time. It's the part of the hobby that makes you respect the folks here who have spent so much time learning the difference between good and bad, and are willing to share that knowledge with the rest of us. You'll get to know some of the best, kindest, most patient people around as I have, and we have the best moderators anywhere here, and I don't flippantly say that. Stick around if you are serious about getting into the hobby.

BTW, your biggest enemy is impatience. Every time I've gotten a bad item, it's been due to impatience. If you're not sure about something, and a seller is pressuring you before you can confirm the items authenticity, walk away. Another of that item will come around eventually.

This is a perfect example of a period original cotton kampfbinde. I know what I am looking at after having many years of experience as is the likely case with other who have replied in the positive. You learn through time and experience. The best way to do so is to handle and study as many genuine examples as you can. 70+ year old items can still look like new if properly stored and cared for.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

As this piece has nothing to do with the SS, I have moved the thread to the NSDAP Kampfbinde Forum.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Good stuff armband bruthas!
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast