Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Need help! Help with ARMBANDS-new collection

Article about: These armbands showed up on WAF being offered for sale. It seems our thread starter is trying to unload his bad stuff on an unsuspecting collector.

?

Default Need help! Help with ARMBANDS-new collection

Hello All!

I’m a relatively new collector of WWII artifacts, with special interest in knives and daggers. And am glad to find this forum which is a wealth of knowledge!

I recently acquired a collection of daggers and armbands from a German soldier who immigrated to the US in 1948 or so. I’ll be adding pictures of the same to invite discussion in the days to come.

I however have a couple of questions regarding the armbands. Following are the three armbands, for which I’ve been unable to find any reference material explaining their history, and I’m looking for the experts here to enlighten me. What I got from word of mouth was:

1. The Black SS armband was for the youth (its smaller size corroborates the fact), however, I’ve not seen one with a “single” S on the armband.
    2. The sawastika with BLACK stripe was for a funeral.
    3. The black stripe running over the swastika was for a fallen soldier.

Would appreciate if anyone could provide me with more info.
    Thanks

P.S. lach470: I just saw your post before posting, and can see the one with black stripe over the swastika. Hope I hear something about this from you!

Need help! Help with ARMBANDS-new collection
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help! Help with ARMBANDS-new collection   Need help! Help with ARMBANDS-new collection  

Attached Images Attached Images Need help! Help with ARMBANDS-new collection 
    Last edited by saber; 03-16-2012 at 05:08 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help! Help with ARMBANDS-new collection
    P
    Many

Default Re: Help with ARMBANDS - new collection

Studying the construction and materials of these armbands, all appear to be fake fantasy pieces. The first piece has nothing to do with the SS and is trying to represent the Jungvolk organization, which is for young boys before becoming of age to be in the Hitler Youth. They are non period designs coming from a fabricator of 4th Reich material. I hope you have not purchsed these. If so, take them back for a refund.
    I will also move this to the Political Forum as it is the appropriate place for this discussion.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Default Re: Need help! Help with ARMBANDS-new collection

I forgot to welcome you to the Forum. You will find a lot of serious, knowledgeable people here who will help you.
    BOB

?

Bob is indeed, spot on.

Regards,

Carl

p.s. Welcome to the forum.

?

Thanks Bob and Tiger888 for your input.
    Going by your observations, they'll probably go back to the owner. As I acquired the whole collection, I'm now curious about the other stuff that I got.
    Thanks again. This forum is such an amazing source of information!

Hi Saber-
    Post whatever you got from this guy and we will let you know if it is good or not. I hope you get your money back. There are too many crooks in this hobby. Was the seller a dealer or a collector?
    BOB

?

Bob, this is collection from the household of a German soldier who passed away a couple of years ago. I therefore was very positive about the authenticity of the things that I got from there.
    I'll post a couple of pictures in the appropriate section for further review.
    Thanks

Hi Saber,
    Welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy and learn more than ever here,
    Dave.

So the relatives bought some fakes from somewhere and sold them to you as originals claiming that they belonged to the aforementioned soldier?
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Quote by saber View Post
    Bob, this is collection from the household of a German soldier who passed away a couple of years ago. I therefore was very positive about the authenticity of the things that I got from there.
    I'll post a couple of pictures in the appropriate section for further review.
    Thanks
    I understand. The gentleman likely did not know good from bad. I hope he did not buy much from whoever supplied him with the fantasy armbands. I am looking forward to seeing your other items.
    BOB

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast