Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Nice example of a late in the war all printed cotton NSDAP armband (Kampfbinde)

Article about: This one came from a reputable dealer. He acquired it from the son of a Vet who had recently passed. The armband came in a group, along with two cotton armbands, three piece construction and

RMD
    ?

Default Nice example of a late in the war all printed cotton NSDAP armband (Kampfbinde)

This one came from a reputable dealer. He acquired it from the son of a Vet who had recently passed. The armband came in a group, along with two cotton armbands, three piece construction and both having there proper /B/ RZM tags.

This armband began its life as a solid white piece of cotton, the only piece remaining being the roundel, and a thin piece of the material trapped in-between the joining of the two sides by thread. The red has bled through to the inside, creating that light blend of red and original white. There is also a barely visible blue stamp on the inside. It's for sure an eagle, with writing above and below, but I can hardly make it out. It seems to resemble an OKW eagle - (Oberkommando der Wehrmacht)? But, cannot really tell. / And yes, I'm aware that many people believe ANY armband with an inside stamp is an automatic death sentence, but, reading what experts have to say, this is not always the case. Just as many people believe that an RZM without a line through the Z is a fake, again, not true.

The armband has a pretty consistent layer of Patina covering the outside. Has passed the burn test, and only had a very slight glow within the roundel under backlight, nothing close compared to the bright glow from the T-shirt that was underneath the armband. No glow from threads or anything else.

while reading through older threads on this forum, I discovered that my armband is an exact match to one posted by Adrian Stevenson, and he has owned his for over 30 years. His also having a blue stamp located on the inside, but is even fainter than mine.

.. So, for anyone thinking of purchasing an authentic late in the war, all printed cotton NSDAP armband, here is one for comparison

Take care....... ....... . .

Nice example of a late in the war all printed cotton NSDAP armband (Kampfbinde)Nice example of a late in the war all printed cotton NSDAP armband (Kampfbinde)Nice example of a late in the war all printed cotton NSDAP armband (Kampfbinde)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nice example of a late in the war all printed cotton NSDAP armband (Kampfbinde)
    P
    Many

Looks fine to me.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

RMD
    ?

Thank you, Adrian.

.. I'm glad that I had found that thread where you posted a picture of your late in the war, all printed cotton armband. Helped me tremendously in making the choice to purchase mine.

RMD
    ?

Hello Adrian..

Have a question for you, if yah don't mind. Trying to increase my knowledge.

Is there a standard size to NSDAP armbands, as far as the length from top to bottom, from above the roundel to underneath? Not so much these printed versions, but more like your standard wool, or cotton three piece?

Thanks.

Look verry clean good purchase is het stitched on the backside or open ?