Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NS-Studentbund & SA Armbands

Article about: These are two armbands I picked up in a small WWII museum in Lancaster PA. The top I believe is an SA armband and the other is a National Socialsit Student League armband. Both have ink stam

?

Default NS-Studentbund & SA Armbands

These are two armbands I picked up in a small WWII museum in Lancaster PA. The top I believe is an SA armband and the other is a National Socialsit Student League armband. Both have ink stamps rather than paper labels. The colors in the photo's are much brighter than they appear in real life. The actual color is more of a deep red than shown. Any input or opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Al.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NS-Studentbund & SA Armbands   NS-Studentbund & SA Armbands  

NS-Studentbund & SA Armbands   NS-Studentbund & SA Armbands  

NS-Studentbund & SA Armbands  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NS-Studentbund & SA Armbands
    P
    Many

Default Re: NS-Studentbund & SA Armbands

Al you say you picked them up in a museum? were they selling stuff off, i like them both by the way
    cheer's Ronnie

Al-
    I am sorry to inform you that both of these armbands are reproductions. The materials and construction design are incorrect for period examples. Note that both have ink stamps in the same location. The first armband would have been worn with the 1st pattern political leader uniform, not SA as the armband is stamped. . Such an armband would never have any form of issue stamp. The herringbone pattern on the white trim on both armbands was never in use during the 3rd Reich. These piece appear to be the work of the same faker. Before the ban, these armbands were to be found daily on Ebay for sale to the unknowing. I would always take care when buying from a museum. That is expecially true if it is a private museum. Try to get a refund.
    Last edited by BOB COLEMAN; 06-21-2009 at 03:38 AM.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

I bought then from a small private museum in PA that was loaded with great stuff. The proprieter had a small case near the entrance with a few items for sale. I picked out these two because they seemd so authentic yet affordable. I should have known being that I paid only $55.00 USD each.
    Well it's official, I no longer own any armbands. The three I posted so far have been debunked. In fact everything I've posted thus far except for my Silver Infanterie Sturmabzeichen has been deemd a copy.
    Anyway, thanks for the information Bob. I do appreciate the help.

Quote by Aldo View Post
    I bought then from a small private museum in PA that was loaded with great stuff. The proprieter had a small case near the entrance with a few items for sale. I picked out these two because they seemd so authentic yet affordable. I should have known being that I paid only $55.00 USD each.
    Well it's official, I no longer own any armbands. The three I posted so far have been debunked. In fact everything I've posted thus far except for my Silver Infanterie Sturmabzeichen has been deemd a copy.
    Anyway, thanks for the information Bob. I do appreciate the help.

Unfortunately, all of us have been defrauded at one time or another. Several individuals who are known to deal in fake items use a museum as a front to both buy for nothing from individuals who would like to see their family treasures recognized in a glass showcase. These guys even display fake as real and wait for the right person to ask "HOW MUCH WOULD YOU TAKE FOR THAT?" How about $15,000 for the fake SS panzer wrapper in which I have less than $1500 invested.
    At least post the name and location where you got these so other can be warned.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

hj armbands are more orange than red aswell ade showed a mint orange hj armband on here

Sorry to see that thease are fakes Al they fooled me !!! not that i am an expert on armband's but hell's bell's they do a good fake, can you take them back to to the guy who sold you them ,did he say they are original hope you can get your money back mate i really do, Bob, do you know of any other people dealing with museum's and have been duped into buying fakes?
    thank's for the info and Al could you keep us posted on how you get on with thease, all the best Ronnie

Sorry about that Al.....I don't have one of the first patten PL armbands to compare but I do have a Studentbund armband to show for reference......
    I agree with Bob - we've all made mistakes in this hobby. German militaria collecting is very tricky - a real minefield.

Here's my example....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NS-Studentbund & SA Armbands   NS-Studentbund & SA Armbands  

Attached Images Attached Images NS-Studentbund & SA Armbands  NS-Studentbund & SA Armbands  NS-Studentbund & SA Armbands 

rob theres a website in italy wanting 250 euros for a mint one like yours above whares the $3.00 ones

hahahaha...Trust me - I'm still looking for the $3 myself!
    Yeah - these are not the cheapest armbands around. Hard to find when compared to other armbands.....!

Rob

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast