Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

NS-Studentbund & SA Armbands

Article about: These are two armbands I picked up in a small WWII museum in Lancaster PA. The top I believe is an SA armband and the other is a National Socialsit Student League armband. Both have ink stam

Default Re: NS-Studentbund & SA Armbands

Quote by Ewan Stirling View Post
    hj armbands are more orange than red aswell ade showed a mint orange hj armband on here
    An armband may appear orange on your screen, but original examples are definitely red.
    The only orange political armband I have ever encountered was a fake hand embroidered SA Wehrmannschaft armband that had been made in Pakistan. The red faded to orange when they attempted to age it.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NS-Studentbund & SA Armbands
    P
    Many

?

Guys thanks for all the info and tips regarding armbands. Hopefully I will be able to put it all to use when i purchase my first real one. I was convinced they were real but I didn't really know what to look for. oddly enough the herringbone pattern convinced me they were authentic. Had i known it was not in use on the early armbands i could have made a better decision. I was skeptical about the the lack of paper tags but I reasoned that maybe the early versions used stamps. I also thought who would go through all the trouble of making this elaborate stuff and sell ii for $50 ? I suppose somewhere along the line someone may have paid big money for these at one time and recirculateed them once they were proven to be fake. I will be posting many more items for scrutiny as I try to weed out the copies from my dwindling collection. I thank you all in advance for the help . Cheers, Al.

Hi Al......glad you appreciate this forum for what it is: a place to learn!! We've all made mistakes buddy - nothing to worry about. But through sites such as this one - we learn to recognize the good from the bad and in the end - that education saves up money and headaches!

Cheers!

Rob

Al,

Your not having much luck mate.

I feel sorry for your situation, but at least within the forum you now have a sounding board before you buy anything in future.

I feel I will have to award you a 25 year faithful service cross or an Ostmedal, just for your sheer effort and doggedness.. Which would you prefer?

PM where to send it and I will stick it in the post.

Best Regards

Jock

Quote by jock auld View Post
    Al,

I feel sorry for your situation, but at least within the forum you now have a sounding board before you buy anything in future.

I feel I will have to award you a 25 year faithful service cross or an Ostmedal, just for your sheer effort and doggedness.. Which would you prefer?

Best Regards

Jock
    nice one jock your a good man

?

Quote by jock auld View Post
    Al,

Best Regards

Jock
    Jock, thank you my friend. I have a 25 year cross and an Ostmedal but they are probably fake. Maybe I'll post pics to get opinions. I do not plan to give up just yet. I was thinking of startring a thread on most fakes in a collection. Thanks for all the support guys. Al

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2