Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

NSDAP armband

Article about: Just won this armband on a online auction (NO, not ebay! LOL). I paid \\$90 for it + shipping. This is my first armband so I'm kinda excited! Is there a way to find out the maker of the armban

Default NSDAP armband

NSDAP armbandNSDAP armband

Just won this armband on a online auction (NO, not ebay! LOL). I paid $90 for it + shipping. This is my first armband so I'm kinda excited!
    Is there a way to find out the maker of the armband (see tag). I will post better pics once I get it in the mail.

Thx,

Kurland

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSDAP armband
    P
    Many

That's an unusual looking RZM tag. I'm curious what some more knowledgeable members think.

I have seen similar rzm tags OK'd and labeled as "early" tags (I think)... here's one from one of my two cotton NSDAP armbands, this would be the other variant (I'm guessing slightly bigger). Correct me if I'm wrong though, not an expert, just going by memory of what others have said here.

NSDAP armband

Quote by slados28 View Post
    I have seen similar rzm tags OK'd and labeled as "early" tags (I think)... here's one from one of my two cotton NSDAP armbands, this would be the other variant (I'm guessing slightly bigger). Correct me if I'm wrong though, not an expert, just going by memory of what others have said here.

NSDAP armband
    Good to know. Thank you for the information.

Just checked and I see my other cotton armband has got a similar tag,which was given the nod of approval on here by people I trust --- the only differences are where it say Serie III mine only says E. Without actually knowing for a fact I'd say that the RZM tag shown here is good as well.

Here's the similar one on my other armband

NSDAP armband

Kurlandkessel: I have no idea who Hersteller (manufacturer) 358 would be --- Hope someone else will be able to help!

That was the info I got on mine as well. Thread on my example for reference NSDAP armband w. rzm tag

Note resident expert and moderator Bob Coleman's reply in post #4 ---
    This is likely an early tag before seperate letter codes were employed.
    We're so lucky to have these guys available to guide us on or collecting paths, teaching us right from wrong

Look forward to seeing photos of your armband when it arrives --- maybe a dagger + armband grouping would be nice to include in that upcoming thread... I have two cotton examples myself and my first political leaders armband coming soon --- no daggers yet though but one's definitely on the list!

Quote by slados28 View Post
    Kurlandkessel: I have no idea who Hersteller (manufacturer) 358 would be --- Hope someone else will be able to help!
    Hersteller 358 was Theodor Michelsten-Scheid of Wuppertell-Wichlinghausen who was granted a permit by the RZM in 1934. His permit to manufacture was revoked by the RZM on 2/15/1936. This would date that armband to the period of 1934-early 1936 if the tag is original to the item.

Source: Handbook of the Hitlerjugend by Wilhelm Saris on Bender Publishing.