Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

NSDAP armband - Reichs Obersten Amtes?

Article about: Hello all, Just wondering on your thoughts as to this armband - real or reproduction? I know this is a scarce item and that the home it came from originally was the kind to just want an exam

Default NSDAP armband - Reichs Obersten Amtes?

Hello all,

Just wondering on your thoughts as to this armband - real or reproduction? I know this is a scarce item and that the home it came from originally was the kind to just want an example of every type (real or otherwise). I could only find one other example on e-Medal to compare it with, and I'm not sure. It just seems very... bright yellow.

Thank you in anticipation.

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSDAP armband - Reichs Obersten Amtes?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSDAP armband - Reichs Obersten Amtes?
    P
    Many

?

As a complete novice to these type of armbands I have to agree that it looks like a reproduction. Other more knowledgeable members will surely respond. Good Luck,Al

original for me

Any reasons why Gents either Repro or original ?
    It kind of leaves the thread hanging
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

I usually refrain from commenting on anything that I'm not familiar with. I was only expressing the same reservations as Caroline with respect to the vibrant color and material. Based on Caroline's previous posts she is vetting items she is already in possession of. I would not comment on something that may sway her opinion on buying something. That being said, I assumed our numerous experts would opine on the armband. I hope it is real.

Al

There are photographs of a presumably real one in the archives of this website: Reich Obersten-Amtes Armband

?

There are some differences, The extra stitching and material used on the one posted against one that was vetted by Bob Colman sometime ago, I know different manufacturers didn't use the same techniques as say BEVO or the equipment to produce such items or core materials, the roundels are different as are the swastikas.. Something seems off to me.. Unless vetted by an authority, I would not buy it for my collection.. JMO.. G
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSDAP armband - Reichs Obersten Amtes?   NSDAP armband - Reichs Obersten Amtes?  

I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Thank you very much! I shall see if I can get somebody with more knowledge than myself to come and look at it in person, but until then based on your kind help I will view it as most likely a reproduction.