Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NSDAP armband w. rzm tag

Article about: This is my first NSDAP Kampfbinde and although soiled/a bit worn overall I think it's got a certain charm to it One thing I was wondering about though is the rzm tag attached, doesn't look l

Default NSDAP armband w. rzm tag

This is my first NSDAP Kampfbinde and although soiled/a bit worn overall I think it's got a certain charm to it

One thing I was wondering about though is the rzm tag attached, doesn't look like most others I see posted regularly as it seems to be missing the lettering for quality (or is it for type of fabric?) etc... any opinions on this, or simply general comments on the armband itself, are most welcome

NSDAP armband w. rzm tagNSDAP armband w. rzm tag
    NSDAP armband w. rzm tag

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSDAP armband w. rzm tag
    P
    Many

Default Re: NSDAP armband w. rzm tag

Hi, do i see a DAF stamp on it?

Yes, I believe it is... any thoughts on the rzm tag?

Undoubtedly this is an original kampfbinde and RZM tag. As it is manufactured from cotton, I would expect to see a "B" code for the proper tax. This is likely an early tag before seperate letter codes were employed. A very interesting piece with the DAF eigentum stamp.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Aaah... thanks a lot, Bob! I'm guessing that these stamps were simply there to show to which org. it belonged and nothing else? "Eigentum", I'm guessing, would probably translate to "property"? We use almost the same word in Norway... only up here it's spelled "eiendom".

Quote by slados28 View Post
    Aaah... thanks a lot, Bob! I'm guessing that these stamps were simply there to show to which org. it belonged and nothing else? "Eigentum", I'm guessing, would probably translate to "property"? We use almost the same word in Norway... only up here it's spelled "eiendom".
    Property stamp is correct. My first armband aquired in the late 1950's from a resale store was stamped Reichsparteitag 1933 and Reichsparteitag 1934. I wonder where it is today. It was evidently loaned out to individuals working the event who would not normally wear the kampfbinde.
    BOB

Wow... an item like that would certainly have been high up there for me with regards to otherwise standard NSDAP armbands. I'm guessing you sold it? I wonder if there's any of those still out there...

Anyway, thanks again for the info!

That was the only one I ever encountered. I got that in the days of plenty and as a young man not earning much money from side jobs, I would sell to buy something of more interest. I would love to find it today but I have no idea where it went and it likely has moved many times since then. I would still recognize is immediately even though it has been gone for over 45 years.
    BOB

Truly a rare one then... I just find these stories of purchases made no too far removed from the actual events to be utterly fascinating, especially the ones wherein people were handling some of the rarest items known to us today as if they were just another piece of novelty (welll... they effectively were at that point in time, I guess)...

If one had only known then what we know now

Nice kampfbinde, Slados28

Every collection needs one and your example is very nice!

Bob, with all due respect, I'm glad something escaped your collection so the rest of us can have a shot at something nice

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast