Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

NSDAP Kampfbinde

Article about: Hello, I was out today picking and came across a nice multi-piece construction NSDAP armband. I am not sure the significance of the level of wearer based on the two woven herringbone pattern

?

Quote by Wilhelm Saris View Post
    I checked the information where it is said "silver stripes".
    No information is known too me, telling they ever made
    them with white stripes, but who knows. The years 1931-
    1932 were not that clear after all, but see "Silberstreifen".

Attachment 1208780

Attachment 1208781

This is what I can offer!

Thank you very much Sir. Most appreciated.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSDAP Kampfbinde
    P
    Many

?

Well since I was working remote this week I returned the armband to the family. Too many unknowns and the fact I did get a chance to black light it does make me feel it was a post war piece. You can see the roundel light up as well as the thread / stitching. I know black light is not always conclusive but to me to just made the decision all that much easier to keep it from the collection. Thanks for the help digging on this one. This piece likely could pop up again so thus why I guess we document to help each other. We all are contributors on this one. I saved $80.00 so Semper Fi guys.

NSDAP Kampfbinde

NSDAP Kampfbinde

NSDAP Kampfbinde
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

WOW !! Never had success with the "black light". Guess it holds some credence. I think a wise decision friend,
    D.

?

Quote by real steel View Post
    WOW !! Never had success with the "black light". Guess it holds some credence. I think a wise decision friend,
    D.
    Thanks David. Hope you are on the mend. Would love to connect this week via phone if you have time.

Always time for you !
    D.

RMD
    ?

...................... Gaugeschaftsfuhrer 1932~1933.

NSDAP Kampfbinde

............................. As far as the glow, it is my understanding that a good armband washed with modern detergent will produce this effect. Only way to be certain, submit the material, a small piece cut off, or the whole band, to one of those people who use a microscope to authenticate antique cloth.

Quote by RMD View Post
    ............................. As far as the glow, it is my understanding that a good armband washed with modern detergent will produce this effect.
    If this were the case everything on this armband would glow, not just the roundel and the threads holding the white stripe.

RMD
    ?

Quote by all1knew View Post
    If this were the case everything on this armband would glow, not just the roundel and the threads holding the white stripe.
    ................ Not necessarily. Though, I would expect the white stripes to glow as well.

Quote by RMD View Post
    ................ Not necessarily. Though, I would expect the white stripes to glow as well.
    If something was washed in detergent, then how would only specific threads glow? The degergent would expose everything to the chemical that reacts with the black light.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2