Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NSDAP kampfbinde, authentic?

Article about: I found this armband at a local shop. Does this look legit to you guys? As you can see in the photos there is a crease in part of the white patch/swastika so I stretched it out in one of the

Default NSDAP kampfbinde, authentic?

I found this armband at a local shop. Does this look legit to you guys? As you can see in the photos there is a crease in part of the white patch/swastika so I stretched it out in one of the photos so it looks as it should w/o the crease

NSDAP kampfbinde, authentic?NSDAP kampfbinde, authentic?NSDAP kampfbinde, authentic?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSDAP kampfbinde, authentic?
    P
    Many

It’s hard to tell from the pictures, they are a little burry. It looks like it may have been sewn onto a coat, I say that due to the thread pieces and that might explain why the front is so dirty and the back is so clean. I would like to see pictures that are a little clearer but I believe it’s good.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

RMD
    ?

Hey there, Captain, hope all is well..

.. Yes, as tank destroyer says, please post some clearer photos. At this point, I would say that this is a good armband. I find it unusual that the roundel appears as one you would find on a wool armband, yet the red band itself looks more like a cotton material.. Interesting.

As far as the ribbed swastika, you can find these on both wool and cotton, but the roundel belongs on a wool band. / What do you think, captain, does the armband feel like wool, or cotton?

... Honestly, from what I can see in these photos, the red band itself does not look like wool, or cotton.... ?

Take care

RMD
    ?

Hey there, tank destroyer, how have yah been?

Cpt..

As Robbie and Marty have said,, try to get some better pictures.. I don't have any issues with the front, swastika and roundel look fine to me, what has me a little baffled is the white stitching on the back.. I would like to see what type of stitching it is.. Looks to be correct zig zag stitching but,, see if you can get some more pics..

Smitty

Quote by RMD View Post
    Hey there, tank destroyer, how have yah been?
    Doing well, just busy,busy,busy but life’s great.

Marty

Quote by Rakkasan187 View Post
    Cpt..

As Robbie and Marty have said,, try to get some better pictures.. I don't have any issues with the front, swastika and roundel look fine to me, what has me a little baffled is the white stitching on the back.. I would like to see what type of stitching it is.. Looks to be correct zig zag stitching but,, see if you can get some more pics..

Smitty
    Smitty, I agree the stitching on the inside is odd but in maybe the picture.

Marty

Quote by tank destroyer View Post
    Smitty, I agree the stitching on the inside is odd but in maybe the picture.

Marty
    I will post clearer pics tomorrow but of note, I couldn't get my camera to focus on the stitching on the backside of the roundel no matter what I tried. It comes out blurry no matter what. Odd.

Quote by RMD View Post
    Hey there, Captain, hope all is well..

.. Yes, as tank destroyer says, please post some clearer photos. At this point, I would say that this is a good armband. I find it unusual that the roundel appears as one you would find on a wool armband, yet the red band itself looks more like a cotton material.. Interesting.

As far as the ribbed swastika, you can find these on both wool and cotton, but the roundel belongs on a wool band. / What do you think, captain, does the armband feel like wool, or cotton?

... Honestly, from what I can see in these photos, the red band itself does not look like wool, or cotton.... ?

Take care
    I was actually just trying to describe the fabric to another member. It feels like wool but not 100% like other modern wool items I have handled. It is definitely not soft cotton or the cotton woven material I have seen on other bands. It honestly has a felt like feel especially on the inside of the armband but it doesn't feel as cheap as common felt items if that makes any sense. I have never handled a wool kampfbinde so I can't really compare it to authenticated originals.
    Last edited by captain20052019; 05-09-2019 at 03:47 AM. Reason: added clarification

RMD
    ?

An interesting armband for sure. I blew up your photos, and what I see is confusing. Not necessarily a bad thing, just really interesting, confusing.

From what I can see, the outside of the band is cotton, yet the inside appears to be wool???? Of course, this would not make sense.. For sure, the roundel belongs to a wool armband.

.. I'll just sit tight and look for your new photos tomorrow. Try to get some in direct sunlight, if possible

Take care.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast