Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Opinions on NSDAP wool armband

Article about: Hi guys, I wonder if I could pick your brains with regard to the authenticity of this armband. I'm afraid I've not handled many of these over the years to make a solid judgement, thanking yo

JMM
    ?

Nice looking armband in great condition
    Congrats on your finding

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions on NSDAP wool armband
    P
    Many

Thanks Tank & JMM for your comments, just been looking at that 343 again, not too sure if it's actually an 843 ? I wondered if there are any tell tale signs with regard to construction style of armband & RZM label details ( font of label & ink marks), that would indicate an approximate date of manafacture ?

Quote by Pauls1970 View Post
    Thanks Tank & JMM for your comments, just been looking at that 343 again, not too sure if it's actually an 843 ? I wondered if there are any tell tale signs with regard to construction style of armband & RZM label details ( font of label & ink marks), that would indicate an approximate date of manafacture ?
    Look in the RZM circulars in their detail for the various patterns of tag.

Opinions on NSDAP wool armbandThis is a 1934 version of such a tag.

Opinions on NSDAP wool armbandOpinions on NSDAP wool armbandOpinions on NSDAP wool armbandWim Saris might be able to tell you more, as he is very expert in all the RZM sources.

Thankyou very much for your kind help Friedrich, Paul

Quote by Pauls1970 View Post
    Thankyou very much for your kind help Friedrich, Paul
    You are welcome. Your example is post 1934, as the RZM was reorganized in early 1935, and again, later, with new designations for the sections.

The 1935 reorganization I well understand, but the later ones I do not. That is where Wim Saris comes in, as he knows it all in detail.

I follow the RZM tags for SS caps and uniforms.

?

"It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

RMD
    ?

Hey there, Paul, hope all is well.

Don't know how you have your wool armband displayed, but if it is at the ready, some time in the future, if you can, is there any way you could measure the length in inches for me? Not across, long way, but rather where the band begins above the Swaz and ends underneath? I'm trying to determine if there is a consistent measurement to these, or if they varied. / If it would be a pain in the neck, like it's behind glass on the wall, just disregard this note.

... Thanks'

No prob mate, will dig it out tomorrow & measure in inches & mm (probably more precise !) for you
    Regards
    Paul

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast