Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Peculiar Unidentified NSDAP Kampfbinde Double gold bands

Article about: Hello All, is this a fantasy piece? The odd legged swastika doesn't look good to me but any more expert opinions would be appreciated All the best Doug Annoyed from this ads?  

Default Peculiar Unidentified NSDAP Kampfbinde Double gold bands

Hello All,
    is this a fantasy piece?
    The odd legged swastika doesn't look good to me but any more expert opinions would be appreciated

All the best Doug

Peculiar Unidentified NSDAP Kampfbinde Double gold bandsPeculiar Unidentified NSDAP Kampfbinde Double gold bandsPeculiar Unidentified NSDAP Kampfbinde Double gold bandsPeculiar Unidentified NSDAP Kampfbinde Double gold bandsPeculiar Unidentified NSDAP Kampfbinde Double gold bands

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Peculiar Unidentified NSDAP Kampfbinde Double gold bands
    P
    Many

very sloppy work of an attempt to replicate an early high ranking political leader armband. Without a doubt a fake.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Hello Bob,
    Thank you for your input.
    I still find this armband quite intriguing though.
    It was a ‘freebie’ and came with a hoard of ‘Kunst und Kultur’ magazines.
    I agree the manufacturing process does look very sloppy especially with that odd legged swastika but the gold bands do look like old period items.

What I have never come across in any of my research is an armband where the two gold braids are placed centrally. The only ones I have seen are the beauties that have the oak leaf braid on the edges or a central band down the middle.

Do you have any examples?

All the best
    Doug

Well Well,
    even more peculiar that from the same vets estate that the armband came from is this small piece of Dutch propaganda.
    Here we have that same odd legged swastika.

Google translated the item says:
    (Prayer of the Fuhrer)
    In the name of the Fuhrer and of Himmler and of Goering Amen
    Great Fuhrer who art in Germany,
    Lord and Master, your Reich
    Thy will be done in Holland, Belgium, France,
    Aber England have never come in your range ...
    Give us, please, four hundred fifty grams of bread
    Otherwise we would rather die
    Lie us down not in your concentration camps
    Still we see evaporate all hope
    Good Hitler, urgent, help us,
    Blessed Himmler, pray for me
    Holy Goering and cronies. pray for us.
    Mighty German master race pray for us.
    But, among us:
    Thou art the son of a painter,
    Tyrant of the modern time,
    Thou hast brought not to ever,
    Because overall is despised go,
    Hitler thou cause vans on grief,
    Sm p why you not die.
    AMEN

And on the other side:

as F-B would say a right stinker.

Any similarity to the document you posted would be IMO a coincidence of the poor craftsmanship of this armband. At least they tried to do the three piece construction. Though, the swastika shouldn't go edge to edge like that, they didn't stitch the swastika right (see how they didn't follow through with the stitching across the center point where the pieces meet), and the closeups of the material used just don't look right to me in their texture. If it were a satire piece like the document, I doubt it would be officially stamped either. I agree with Bob Coleman, that it's an attempt at a political armband.

Hello again,
    thank you all for the input.
    As I mentioned previously the armband was a 'freebie' so I have no worries over a loss on that front.
    What I would like to see is if any member has got a similar armband with the two central braided bands.
    The ones I seem to find have multiple central bands or bands placed at the edges.
    All the best
    Doug

Hello again,
    thank you for your input avenger
    Quote by avenger View Post
    Any similarity to the document you posted would be IMO a coincidence of the poor craftsmanship of this armband. .
    I agree with you that it is a tenuous link but as the armband came with a collection of 'good' items I still think it is worthy of further research.

Quote by avenger View Post
    At least they tried to do the three piece construction. Though, the swastika shouldn't go edge to edge like that, they didn't stitch the swastika right (see how they didn't follow through with the stitching across the center point where the pieces meet), and the closeups of the material used just don't look right to me in their texture.
    The construction and stitching of the swastika is not of concern to me. Check this link out:
    Post your armbands! - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

You will note that the swastika is stitched in exactly the same way. Central stitching missed along with the corners not being sewn.
    The material does look and feel like old cotton. A little burn test and a run over with my blacklight did not set any alarm bells ringing

I still have been unable to find any examples with that double band allthough I have found quite a few with the mis sized swastika so that is of no great concern to me. I have popped a poor quality picture below of an odd swastika.

All I need to do now is track down that double gold band on one.

All the best
    Doug

Attachment 805815

Quote by Saladin View Post
    I still have been unable to find any examples with that double band allthough I have found quite a few with the mis sized swastika so that is of no great concern to me. I have popped a poor quality picture below of an odd swastika.

Attachment 805815
    The shabby swastika on the picture you field as a proof for the legitamacy of disfigured swastikas in general, was caused by the unsteady hand of the person colorizing this picture!

Quote by Auseklis View Post
    The shabby swastika on the picture you field as a proof for the legitamacy of disfigured swastikas in general, was caused by the unsteady hand of the person colorizing this picture!

Thanks, is that all your input?

Early 20s nsdap trumpet banner

Check this out and of course if you look you will find a few pictures of odd legged swastika armbands in use.
    Remember that in the early days that the swastika design on items was mostly home made

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast