Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Political Leaders Armband

Article about: Hi, I am new to the forum although I have followed it over a number of years and have been impressed by the quality of expertise within it which lead me to ask the question here. I am postin

?

Default Political Leaders Armband

Hi,

I am new to the forum although I have followed it over a number of years and have been impressed by the quality of expertise within it which lead me to ask the question here.

I am posting some photos of this armband on behalf of my cousin hoping to get some idea of its authenticity. It is not on any sales list and it does not belong to a collector and to the best of my knowledge never has.

I must apologise to the quality of the photos, I asked her for detailed close up digital photos and she sent me these so I have attempted to take close up digital photos from her original ones.

All feedback would be very welcome.

Regards,

Russ
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Political Leaders Armband   Political Leaders Armband  

Political Leaders Armband   Political Leaders Armband  

Political Leaders Armband  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Political Leaders Armband
    P
    Many

?

Nice Kreis level(white piping) Political Leader armband for Leiter eines Hauptamtes - would be nice to see the reverse and see if there is a RZM tag etc.

Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

?

Nice looking one. Looks like it hasn't hosted any moth dinner parties as well.

?

Good looking arm band.

?

Thanks for you replies Horst and Anzel,

I have asked her for photos of the reverse site.

Russ

?

Thanks for the feedback everyone, it is very much appreciated.

It does appear to be a genuine armband which certainly helps.

The story however, goes a little further. The armband was owned by a distant cousin of mine (actually it was my grandmothers first cousin) and he was a member of the Home Guard in Scotland in 1941. In fact he was actually one of the soldiers who was a part of the guard for Rudolf Hess when he parachuted into the UK.

Sadly, his wife died just a few weeks ago aged 102 and while my cousin was clearing out the house this armband was found. Ralph certainly never fought abroad and as far as we know he had no connection with anyone who did so we wondered where it had come from. Not even his family knew of its existance.

I have studied the story and pictures and this doesn't appear to be an armband he would have worn and anyway he was dressed as an Luftwaffe captain.

So thats the puzzle,

Cheers,

Russ

?

Russ - don't think it has anything to do with Hess at all - your cousin probably picked it up along the way these past many years - be it as it may it is a nice armband for a Political Leader in the Kries level far below Hess as deputy to Hitler.

Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

?

Thanks Horst,

Yes, it is funny how these things make their way into families.

The only reason the connection was made was with the obvious Hess link and the armband being political rather than a military example possible more readily available as a battlefield pick-up if that makes sense. However, I have to agree the disparity in rank begs the question as to why Hess would have been carrying it in the first place.

Thanks again though for you input though, I appreciate it and I will post the back of the armband when I get the photos.

Cheers,

Russ

?

Hi,

Just for reference I have included 3 photos of the inside of the arm band but unfortunately there are no tags.

My cousin wrote her name in it some years ago.

Russ

Political Leaders ArmbandPolitical Leaders ArmbandPolitical Leaders Armband