Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

SA Sports Armband, opinions needed!

Article about: Hey guys i went round the local carboots today and found me friend Steve wanted to show me a group of patches and armbands and other TR related insignia, anyway he had a group of armbands an

Default SA Sports Armband, opinions needed!

Hey guys i went round the local carboots today and found me friend Steve wanted to show me a group of patches and armbands and other TR related insignia, anyway he had a group of armbands and other third reich insignia, including, x2 Heer vest eagle patches, Luftwaffe vest eagle patch, x2 RLB armbands, DAF patch, police patch, railway patch and a NSFK patch. Anyway I sadly think that he may sell them on for much more than they are worth, but i noticed that his SA Sports armband has a RZM tag but of HJ, although to me both the tag and armband looked period, but i havent seen one with a HJ tag on it?
    Thanks, Glen.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Sports Armband, opinions needed!   SA Sports Armband, opinions needed!  

SA Sports Armband, opinions needed!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Sports Armband, opinions needed!
    P
    Many

Default Re: SA Sports Armband, opinions needed!

The piece is original. For clarification, there is no such thing as a S A Sports armband. This piece is for wear by S A Wehrmannschaft while preforming work in civilian clothing. They were evidently issued sparingly so those that are encountered are usually in unused condition. This piece has been incorrectly identified since I began collecting in the 1950's.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Thank you for the update in information, but does the HJ tag seem odd?
    Thanks, Glen.

It is odd. This is the first time I have encountered a HJ RZM tag on this form of armband. It would indicate that it was being issued under HJ authority. Likely, it was some how in conjuntion with older HJ supplying labor to work with the Wehrmannschaft. That is a guess but is likely correct.
    BOB

The only known images of this armband being worn. As previously mentioned, this was worn by S A Wehrmannschaft in civilian clothing. These rare images courtesy of Wilhelm Saris.SA Sports Armband, opinions needed!SA Sports Armband, opinions needed!
    BOB

WOW amazing pics Bob, so would you say that this is considerable rarer than normal examples. I know that you are not one to give a value but i often see these armbands selling between 70$-90$ with the normal RZM tag, but would this be worth considerably more?
    Thanks, Glen.

Quote by Glennyboy619 View Post
    WOW amazing pics Bob, so would you say that this is considerable rarer than normal examples. I know that you are not one to give a value but i often see these armbands selling between 70$-90$ with the normal RZM tag, but would this be worth considerably more?
    Thanks, Glen.
    Glen-
    It is a very common armband and I seriously doubt that anyone would want to pay a premium for the RZM tag. Many would question it being original to the band. I believe the prices you quoted are dealer top dollar. Due to the availability of these, I have seen them priced lower from a collector. My judgement is also based upon the number of years I have been collecting and the great multitude of these I have encountered during that time. To a new collector, everything today is considered rare. I hope this helps.
    BOB

First photos of these being used that I've ever seen myself. Very nice! They almost look like they are on some sort of punishment work detail. Definitely not thrilled to be there!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

The men are older and not in the best physical condition. This was a way to utilize such individuals in the days before the creation of the Volksturm where anyone who could breath was made in to a soldier.
    BOB

Hey Bob, thanks for you advice and information, i understand what you are saying with the value, hopefully i can get it at a good price as i find it a very attractive armband and the HJ tag is a bonus.
    Thanks, Glen.