Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Service armband - for review

Article about: Hi all, I've had this armband for a short while now and would appreciate your thoughts Please, I understand it's a service armband and as you can see by the pictures "wehrmacht " i

Default Service armband - for review

Hi all,

I've had this armband for a short while now and would appreciate your thoughts Please, I understand it's a service armband and as you can see by the pictures "wehrmacht " isn't spelled wrong it's the "t" that has an unusual wear compared to the rest of the print (only just shows in the pictures).
    The armband has a faint stamp.

I appreciate any comments.

Thankyou

Andre
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Service armband - for review   Service armband - for review  

Service armband - for review   Service armband - for review  

Service armband - for review   Service armband - for review  

Service armband - for review  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Service armband - for review
    P
    Many

It appears to be a period original piece but the misspelled word "Wermacht" is odd. Possibly the way it was spelled in an occupied country?
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

I,too, like this armband, but as Bob said, the word "Wehrmach" is troubling. I cannot find any language in Europe where it was used. "Deutsche" is proper but "Wehrmach"? I had thought that perhaps it was a faulty printing, but I see no ghosting or remnant of a "T", so I can only wonder. There does,however, seem to be the remains of an eagle stamping above "Deutsche". I guess I'm picky, but I would probably have to pass on it.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hi and thanks guys for your comments, I thought I could see a very feint "t" remnant (I tried to capture this in photos 6 and 7, more so in photo 7).

I can also see the very very faint T there. Or is it my imagination?

?

I'm not sure. I could be a very faint T, but maybe it could also be just a crease or rinkle in the cloth. Let's hope it's the first.

?

This looks like the correct sewing for the bird, but the material of the armband does not look consistent to others I have seen. However, Mr. Coleman will be able to confirm that as he is the expert with cloth for the period.... Maybe it goes with his opinion of "foreign produced?"

I can see the very faint "t" as well.