Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS wool kampfbinde & Reserve SA kampfbinde, authentic?

Article about: I have found these two kampfbindes and I am wondering if they are originals? They are listed on a site that offers full refunds for any reason and it is a site recommended by at least one me

RMD
    ?

Hey there, all1knew.

Believe me when I say that I am not trying to argue with you. Not my intention. In fact, I greatly appreciate your opinions and input. It's how we all learn.

.. But again, I must strongly disagree with you. As far as the SS armbands with the black boarders, they come in both wool and cotton, and both varied between sewn-in RZM material tags and paper RZM tags. This is evident from photos, as well as it seems to be the general consensus throughout the forum.

With this said, if you are referring to the early SS, when they pretty much dressed like the brownshirts, plus a black cap, maybe black paints, then yes, you are indeed correct. As then, the newly forming SS were just wearing early NSDAP armbands, and may have not had RZM tags. / I believe, but could be wrong, that the RZM tags began around mid, end of 1934

Unrelated, but important.. I have discovered through reading through this forums older posts something that I was previously unaware of.. No SS armband, cotton or wool, should have anything but a ribbed material for the upper and lower black bands. Where I was thinking that a zig-zag pattern >>>>> was acceptable, I stand corrected. All SS bands should only have vertical, ribbed material for the upper and lower bands.

........ As far as the RZM tags on the cotton SS armbands, please see this older post from the forum ---> SS cotton kampfbinde/armband RZM tagged

Thanks' again for your input, all1knew. Take care.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS wool kampfbinde & Reserve SA kampfbinde, authentic?
    P
    Many

Quote by RMD View Post
    Hey there, all1knew.

Believe me when I say that I am not trying to argue with you. Not my intention. In fact, I greatly appreciate your opinions and input. It's how we all learn.

.. But again, I must strongly disagree with you. As far as the SS armbands with the black boarders, they come in both wool and cotton, and both varied between sewn-in RZM material tags and paper RZM tags. This is evident from photos, as well as it seems to be the general consensus throughout the forum.

With this said, if you are referring to the early SS, when they pretty much dressed like the brownshirts, plus a black cap, maybe black paints, then yes, you are indeed correct. As then, the newly forming SS were just wearing early NSDAP armbands, and may have not had RZM tags. / I believe, but could be wrong, that the RZM tags began around mid, end of 1934

Unrelated, but important.. I have discovered through reading through this forums older posts something that I was previously unaware of.. No SS armband, cotton or wool, should have anything but a ribbed material for the upper and lower black bands. Where I was thinking that a zig-zag pattern >>>>> was acceptable, I stand corrected. All SS bands should only have vertical, ribbed material for the upper and lower bands.

........ As far as the RZM tags on the cotton SS armbands, please see this older post from the forum ---> SS cotton kampfbinde/armband RZM tagged

Thanks' again for your input, all1knew. Take care.
    Cotton SS armbands as you said are pre RZM, so why would there be an RZM tag? There are few exceptions during the transition period where some cotton SS armbands have cloth tags, but never paper tags. Generally speaking as a whole, most cotton SS armbands do not have tags though. Also note the original posted SS armband size wise is completely different, and not the size of an RZM produced example. For wool bands, there is cloth style tags, as well as paper tags. But again that is only for wool SS armbands. Cloth tags came first, then paper tags followed since they were easier and cheaper to make and apply. The tags were only used as proof from a manufacturer that they paid tax, and they don't serve much purpose after so that also could be a reason for the switch from cloth to paper.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2