Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thinking of buying this armband, any thoughts?

Article about: any thoughts if this armband is real or not? it seems real but i am not 100% confindent if it is there is a lot to know when it comes to spoting phony ones. thanks for any help... john

Default Re: Thinking of buying this armband, any thoughts?

Nice little bonus to throw in the cap wreath! They alone go for $10-15! That was nice on him!

Rob

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Thinking of buying this armband, any thoughts?
    P
    Many

OKW
    ?

Does he still have the uniform/ hat the wreath came off?

Quote by topcop711 View Post
    Also lot of the armbands actually were sewn on, but this one looks real. An the brother are right about the hat badge. The military branches (all of them) were not under control of the RZM and I think the SS actuall broke away from RZM and assumed full control of their uniforms and accessories around 1938 or so , give or take. Bud
    Bud-
    Your information regarding the SS seperating itself from the regulations of the RZM in 1938 is incorrect. During the war, certain aspects of Waffen SS equipment was sourced outside of the Reichszugmeisterei for purposes of expiditing delivery. Items such as insignia still remained under the auspices of the RZM throughout the war.
    The armband you purchased is the standard political form worn by the SA, NSKK, NSFK and political leaders prior to 1939. The armband was also worn by certain civil organizations such as the RAD and RLB.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Unfortantly the uniform was not present if it was this would have been a different conservation, lol! Thanks again for the post and info you have given me, it is a great deal of help, since I am a fairly new collector.

Here is a new band that surfaced tonight and if i learned anything from the people that have helped me out, I believe this one is real. I have done some homework on this band, it doesn't have an rzm tag, but neither did alot of others I seen. I also took notice to the stitching and that also appears to be right. I'd just like for some of the guys in this post to correct me if I am wrong. The band is not going to be alot of money but I'd still rather collect originals than repos. The WW2 original items just speak of the history, the repos are just what they are "repos"!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Thinking of buying this armband, any thoughts?   Thinking of buying this armband, any thoughts?  

?

Sorry guys, i cant win for loosing as i wrote my last reply a young man of 14 years old sent me an email of an add i replyed to a week and a half ago, stating these were in his family passed on to him he is trying to sell these due to he like collecting 60's hotwheels, so selling these armbands would further his collection. here are the pics he sent give me some feed back on these for i have realy never seen in my hand any SS armbands and i belive these both are SS, the black one being a youth band? And as i have herd ADE, tell others, and myself in the past (most SS items u think are real are not, and it takes alot of knowalge to collect SS.)Thanks again john.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Thinking of buying this armband, any thoughts?   Thinking of buying this armband, any thoughts?  

Thinking of buying this armband, any thoughts?   Thinking of buying this armband, any thoughts?  

The SS pattern armband is an easy fake to spot. The SS NEVER has a printed armband. The second armband is a total fantasy piece. The young man had better find something else to sell to further his interests.
    BOB

The HJ armband is a spot on original bevo armband. My first 3rd Reich item was a HJ armband brought back from WW2 by my mother's cousin. It is really well worn and dirty. I still have it after 53 years.
    BOB

I totally agree with all of Bob's comments. Good match to my HJ armband too

Cheers, Ade.

?

Thanks bob and, ade. I guess I am learning little by little, in detecting real from repo. Just by the way the real items being clothing to knives, the time that went into making the perfect gose far past the repos. Thanks very much for every ones thoughts. John

Completely agree with what has been said - Good HJ, the other two are flat out bad.

Rob

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2