Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Two Nazi armbands

Article about: I just got my hands on two armbands, it´s supposed that both where found in a box of at a house that belonged to some germans in San Francisco, back in the 60´s. There are no marks on them,

Default Two Nazi armbands

I just got my hands on two armbands, it´s supposed that both where found in a box of at a house that belonged to some germans in San Francisco, back in the 60´s. There are no marks on them, so i came here for help.. They sure look old.. What are they? Are they real? How much may they be worth?
    Thank you folks..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Two Nazi armbands   Two Nazi armbands  

Two Nazi armbands  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Two Nazi armbands
    P
    Many

Default Re: Two Nazi armbands

Any comments on them ? Are they good ???

Both appear to be genuine. The plain armband is a type worn by all political and some civil formations of the 3rd Reich. The damaged armband is for an Ortsgruppenleiter or local leader of the Nazi Party. This form of armband was instituted in 1939. Prior to that, political leaders wore an armband like your first item.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Thanx Bob...
    I´ve got them by trade... against an old BED that i was about to throw away because i moved from El Salvador to Mexico. Togheter with the armbands i´ve got also two maya archaeological pieces, of which i´m sure that they´re original. Quite a deal then... So,one of the armbands belonged to a real diehard NAZI ??I can almost feel it´s evilness.. .. Are they expensive nowadays? Obviously i will keep ´em as a very special part of my collection and pass them on to my children (which i still dont have..)

Quote by danhashman View Post
    Thanx Bob...
    I´ve got them by trade... against an old BED that i was about to throw away because i moved from El Salvador to Mexico. Togheter with the armbands i´ve got also two maya archaeological pieces, of which i´m sure that they´re original. Quite a deal then... So,one of the armbands belonged to a real diehard NAZI ??I can almost feel it´s evilness.. .. Are they expensive nowadays? Obviously i will keep ´em as a very special part of my collection and pass them on to my children (which i still dont have..)
    Both are fairly common items. The Ortsgruppenleiter piece has condition issues. In a large city, an Ortsgruppenleiter could be responsible for a single block. In a small town, he could be the mayor.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.