MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Two new armbands!

Article about: Hi John, we have quite a few good SS armbands shown on the forum. "FB" posted various images of some last week. Check them out. You will notice originals are made of good quality r

Default Re: Two new armbands!

Hi John, we have quite a few good SS armbands shown on the forum. "FB" posted various images of some last week. Check them out. You will notice originals are made of good quality red wool, with a slightly oval shaped white disc of ribbed material. The swastika and black bands are multi part construction.

The Volkssturm armbands have suffered the attention of fakers for many years being simple to make, being a simple screen print. However, the heavy edging seams to yours are not found on originals.

Hope this helps?

Cheers, Ade.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Two new armbands!
    P
    Many

?

thanks ade, now i undertand what you are saying. i have herd different oppions on mine, because they are both made of cotton, not wool. this is one reply i have goten in the past.
    Early SS Armband
    These armbands were private purchase items and varied greatly as far as quality and construction. The swas. is separately applied and machine stitched into place. The roundel and swas are then machine applied to the cotton backing. The black striped are machine sewn onto the edges.

thank you for the replys ade i always learn something from you, when you post!

Hi John, thanks for the kind comment. I like to help out where ever I can.

Indeed, very early SS armbands can be found in cotton and were worn on the brownshirt. Sadly yours is not one of those.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Ade thats what i needed to here, and again i realy app. the time you spend on here helping out and teaching you have a world of knowagle in your head!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2