Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Unusual armband

Article about: Hi guys, This is from the same guy with that wooden swastika: http://warrelics.eu/forum/german-thi...html#post41959 He got them from Hermannstadt, a German town of Siebenburgen county, known

Default Unusual armband

Hi guys,

This is from the same guy with that wooden swastika: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/germa...html#post41959

He got them from Hermannstadt, a German town of Siebenburgen county, known in the language of the natives like Ardeal, nowadays part of Romania. Siebenburgen/Ardeal, is also known as Transilvanya.

In my naive opinion, this could have been used by the local German organizations. I found nothing in my "Foreign Legions of the Third Reich" books.

What do you think?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unusual armband  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unusual armband
    P
    Many

Default Re: Unusual armband

I guess the holes are for the use of strings to fix it to the arm.

pjm
    ?

I've never seen an armband like this. There was a Romanian-German Nazi Party affiliate with a security force as shown in these images. This is later in the war.

There was an ethnic German nazi group earlier as well. I have no resources showing what type of insignia they wore.

This image and close up is interesting for a number of reasons, but especially for the unit's use of the DJ buckle. By this time, it was obsolete in Germany but apparently was issued to this formation perhaps because it was a Sicherheitsverband and the "S" would have significance in that context.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unusual armband   Unusual armband  

pjm, in 1934 there was National Sozialistische Erneuerungsbewegung der Deutschen in Rumänien.

So, could this item be from that era?

pjm
    ?

It could be but you would have to judge its originality by the material and age. It's a strange looking piece but I imagine in 1934 the National Sozialistische Erneuerungsbewegung der Deutschen in Rumänien was a small group and its insignia of basic contruction.

The holes for laces are typical for armbands of other nations and perhaps is used in Romania so this would not be unusual.

Perhaps you can find photos of NSEDR members and see if they have a similar style. Unfortunately, finding documentation from these obscure groups is not easy since much of it has been lost or destroyed.

?

the swas is poorly made, Germans were to proud and fussy,.. they would have nice retail?

pjm
    ?

The ethnic German population in Romania in 1934 was a minority group, to a great extent rural and probably not as fussy as their relations in Germany. Besides, if one looks at 1920's era Nazi flags and early insignia there's a home-made quality to it. The Nazi movement among the ethnic Germans in Romania was probably at a similar point in the early 1930's.

It is a strange looking armband. Seeing and handling it would allow a better assessment of its potential.

A first for me! Never seen that armband before. As a buckle collector, I've had a copy of this picture for some time as it's nice to see how the Germans used surplus materiel that was no longer being used!

Rob

From "Foreign Legions of the Third Reich", vol. 4, by David Littlejohn.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unusual armband   Unusual armband