Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Unusual Deutscher Volkssturm Wehrmacht armband

Article about: Came across this today. I've not seen one of these pop up yet, as the typical black stripe version seems to be how these always look. Has anyone ever seen one like this before? I'd think thi

Default Unusual Deutscher Volkssturm Wehrmacht armband

Came across this today. I've not seen one of these pop up yet, as the typical black stripe version seems to be how these always look. Has anyone ever seen one like this before? I'd think this might be a fantasy piece like an embellished printed party band due to the sheer volume and consistency of the typical design, if not from a dealer I've done business with before.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unusual Deutscher Volkssturm Wehrmacht armband
    P
    Many

A vAriation of the NSDAP auxillary kampfbinde I have not encountered before. The style is identical to other variations so I do not see any problem with it.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Thanks for the reply Bob! I thought this one was a bit unusual, especially with the two different eagle styles. It makes a person wonder what this would have been used for. I know the auxilliary bands were often for local air defense volunteers etc., but this seems a bit more army official. As a variant, it's a bit confusing to see the party style band repurposed as a volkssturm band when there was a design being used already. I guess anything goes at this stage in the war though, could be an early type maybe?

I wasn't really planning on picking it up, but I don't know. It may be worth it as one of those unique oddities that you may never see another one like.