Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Wanted: Assessment of these pre-1932 party armbands

Article about: just my thoughts guys,not always right.

just my thoughts guys,not always right.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wanted: Assessment of these pre-1932 party armbands
    P
    Many

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    just my thoughts guys,not always right.
    With all due respect just posting to post based upon nothing more than your "thoughts" or a uneducated guess is very dangerous and could cost someone a substantial financial loss. Please note the thread creator stated these were a potential purchase and would "qualify [to him] as expensive".
    There's nothing wrong with being wrong at times, such is understandable as we all are at one point or another(I know I've been many of times), but we should always do our best to base our opinion(s) on some kind of facts. I would be very upset with myself if I gave inaccurate information to a fellow member and it cost him hundreds of dollars.

--------
    Harry, please don't perceive this as an attack on you personally. It's not meant to be.

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    With all due respect just posting to post based upon nothing more than your "thoughts" or a uneducated guess is very dangerous and could cost someone a substantial financial loss. Please note the thread creator stated these were a potential purchase and would "qualify [to him] as expensive".
    There's nothing wrong with being wrong at times, such is understandable as we all are at one point or another(I know I've been many of times), but we should always do our best to base our opinion(s) on some kind of facts. I would be very upset with myself if I gave inaccurate information to a fellow member and it cost him hundreds of dollars.

--------
    Harry, please don't perceive this as an attack on you personally. It's not meant to be.
    Well said. There are many times I do not offer an opinion as the piece is outside my field of study. This is good advice to all members.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

I thank you all for your opinions, once again proving the high value of this forum and its collective expertise.
    As far as provenance goes, it was stated that these two bands are from the Ed Stadnicki collection. I've seen
    the name before, but must confess ignorance in any details of this collector.

I like the single stripe (Kreisleiter) better than the double stripe (Gauleiter) - the bands seem too far apart when
    compared to the chart provided in an earlier post. The cost for both together? There is a comma involved!

The example below is the closing thing I've seen which resembles period photographs and documentation. Is it real, I haven't a clue, but it's at minimum closer than the others. Please note the piece in the center.
    Wanted: Assessment of these pre-1932 party armbands
    Last edited by youthcollector1; 07-14-2014 at 06:00 PM.

Quote by Bmsmear View Post
    The cost for both together? There is a comma involved!
    I would suggest passing, it's not worth the risk.

I based my opinion on the fact that they were very early ones.no offense taken.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2