Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

What is this? Is it real or fake (armband)

Article about: Hello, first post! Well I've been looking around the net for a legit authenticator and I simply can't find any around the Los Angeles area. If anyone can point some out that would be great.

polkunus
    ?

Default What is this? Is it real or fake (armband)

Hello, first post!

Well I've been looking around the net for a legit authenticator and I simply can't find any around the Los Angeles area. If anyone can point some out that would be great. However, I've lurked around these forums for quite some time ever since my interest for militaria begun and from what I've seen there are militaria collectors who can distinguish fakes from authentic pieces pretty well.

What exactly is this (yes it's a nazi armband, but like era type etc.) and is it real or fake? From my perspective, this armband looks too good to be true. The fabric looks like it was made yesterday and the RZM tag looks like it hasn't been touched (however it's partially falling off).

Can I get an expert's opinion on this?

Thanks in advance and I appreciate it!

Tell me if you need to look at pictures at any specific angle, thanks again!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What is this? Is it real or fake (armband)   What is this? Is it real or fake (armband)  

What is this? Is it real or fake (armband)   What is this? Is it real or fake (armband)  

What is this? Is it real or fake (armband)   What is this? Is it real or fake (armband)  

2. # ADS

Default Re: What is this? Is it real or fake (armband)

Original armband for the SA or NSDAP brownshirts. They became obsolete when the brown wool uniforms were introduced prescribing wool armbands and thousands of the cotton types remained in surplus until the war's end. They are common, but yours is authentic.

Bob Hritz

polkunus
    ?

Default Re: What is this? Is it real or fake (armband)

Thank you!