Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Buckles thus far

Article about: These are my DAF Werkschar buckles that I have acquired over the last year or so. These are quite fun to collect... Cheers, G

?

Your putting together a nice group. I need to find one of the dark green buckles. I can think of only one of these that is very surprising. Hope you get one.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Buckles thus far
    P
    Many

?

Thanks Kirby, I have seen your vast collection of similar buckles... G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Quote by Kurt D View Post
    "...I'm thinking of the two nickle silver at bottom right (the Steinhauer and the unmarked)..."
    Dear Gwar

A "first" for me at least!

DAF-Werkschar in nickle silver as (1) non marked and (2), overtly marked for St. u L. Crikey!

Congratulations on securing and in my opinion, two very rare buckles.

Regards and best wishes,

David

?

Quote by David North View Post
    Dear Gwar

A "first" for me at least!

DAF-Werkschar in nickle silver as (1) non marked and (2), overtly marked for St. u L. Crikey!

Congratulations on securing and in my opinion, two very rare buckles.

Regards and best wishes,

David
    Don't believe the hype... I think it is nickel steel or nickel silver produced by M4/44 Paul Cramer, Ludenscheid
    The pic was not able to show the markings..
    On a side note, weren't these buckles supposed to be marked ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Buckles thus far   Buckles thus far  

Quote by Gwar View Post
    Don't believe the hype... I think it is nickel steel or nickel silver produced by M4/44 Paul Cramer, Ludenscheid
    The pic was not able to show the markings..
    On a side note, weren't these buckles supposed to be marked ?
    The buckle in question is indeed marked according to the supposedly strict RZM regulations and please accept my apologies. It is a very rare, solid nickle silver example and where the buckle lip displays and in relief, RZM M4/44.

Regards and best wishes,

David

?

David.. No apologies needed.. Another member inadvertently posted that is was a unmarked buckle..
    I really hate not being near reference material and not being able to fathom or digest enough written works
    and post sensible replies. For example.. The RZM guidelines pertaining to the DAF / Werkschar.
    There is a buckle on a very well known collectors website that is non maker marked and it has been sitting there in limbo for quite some time.. I believe that in time I will learn more if I apply myself and "Slow Down" a tad.. Best wishes to you and your family... G

?

Quote by Gwar View Post
    Another member inadvertently posted that is was a unmarked buckle..
    I am of course the culprit, and sorry, I couldn't make out the presence of the maker's mark on the group photo you originally posted. So I mistook your buckle for an unmarked nickle Cramer. I have an unmarked nickle plated steel Werkschar buckle showing all characteristics of a Berg & Nolte buckle. So I got (prematurely as it turns out) excited at seeing another early non-regulation unmarked example.

Kind regards
    Kurt

?

No harm, no foul Kurt.. I am personally tickled that you reply to posts/ threads and as one collector to another
    and look forward to your contributions on the forum.. G

?

I am of course the culprit, and sorry, I couldn't make out the presence of the maker's mark on the group photo you originally posted. So I mistook your buckle for an unmarked nickle Cramer. I have an unmarked nickle plated steel Werkschar buckle showing all characteristics of a Berg & Nolte buckle. So I got (prematurely as it turns out) excited at seeing another early non-regulation unmarked example.

Kind regards
    Kurt
    That would be most interesting to see.. Do you have a pic to post

...I have an unmarked nickle plated steel Werkschar buckle showing all characteristics of a Berg & Nolte buckle...
    B u N did indeed manufacture a DAF-Werkschar buckle in steel and where most examples I have seen, display raised markings on the reverse lip. Having said that, B u N are very well known for their post production "after thought" of punching markings on the inner wall to some of their buckles. An "after thought" of course to be RZM compliant. Perhaps the one that you mention Kurt is indeed a B u L that by accident escaped a post production application of RZM M4/30 and of course, an in house inspection.

Regards and best wishes,

David

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast