Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

DAF Buckle Question

Article about: That is a really nice buckle, well done

?

Default DAF Buckle Question

I've read there are some repro DAF buckles going around, so just wanted other opinions. Looks good to me but wanted to double-check.
    Thanks,
    Jeff
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DAF Buckle Question   DAF Buckle Question  

DAF Buckle Question  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DAF Buckle Question
    P
    Many

I like D.A.F. items along with R.A.D. related stuff, I find it very attractive collecting material....not sure I can help you on authenticating this piece but it looks very 'new' shall we say........if I was offered it I would find the lack of wear and use a bit dubious.......it should reflect the fact that it is 70 years old...........does'nt really look it though unless it has been very well cleaned or 'restored'..............hmmmmm

?

Quote by Lugerlout View Post
    I like D.A.F. items along with R.A.D. related stuff, I find it very attractive collecting material....not sure I can help you on authenticating this piece but it looks very 'new' shall we say........if I was offered it I would find the lack of wear and use a bit dubious.......it should reflect the fact that it is 70 years old...........does'nt really look it though unless it has been very well cleaned or 'restored'..............hmmmmm
    The condition doesn't really mean anything. There are lots of unissued or lightly used original buckles.

I think the buckle is original, but I don't have the experience to say so with confidence. Please wait for the more experienced guys to tell you for sure. Personally, I believe that the prong bar looks quite correct for this type of buckle.

I'll second that Erno, it looks legit to me!....

Shows what I know............

?

Thanks guys, I've got it on hold...maybe Ben can take a look and then I'll pull the trigger on it. Don't have a DAF in the collection.

?

Assman Crank catch... Look on the prong bar... and the prongs, I say it is a nice authentic buckle...
    Gwar

?

Default Daf

Here is mine for comparison... Pull the "Trigger"...Gwar
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DAF Buckle Question   DAF Buckle Question  

DAF Buckle Question  

?

Trigger pulled...seller had two DAF buckles in similiar condition, one with the crank catch and one without - had the same really good price for either buckle. Obvious which one i grabbed

?

Good job weller.....Gwar

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast