Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

DAF for Review - KH44

Article about: by Erno In my opinion, it's an original and probably rare early DAF buckle by Paul Cramer. The KH codes usually correspond to the M4 codes, and in this case, the style of the markings is nea

Quote by Erno View Post
    In my opinion, it's an original and probably rare early DAF buckle by Paul Cramer. The KH codes usually correspond to the M4 codes, and in this case, the style of the markings is nearly identical to those seen on later Cramer buckles, except the 'M4' is replaced here with 'K.H.' Unfortunately, it looks like the front and possibly the back have been heavily polished. The buckle might have been poorly stored (as evidenced by the damage to the prong and sleeve), which prompted someone to aggressively clean it.

The others will comment on the relative scarcity, but in my opinion, it's definitely and uncommon one.
    Completely agree with and in my opinion, the spot on response by Erno.

Nickle silver DAF-Werkschar buckles are very rare. This is the first time that I have seen one with a KH mark and which is quite remarkable. Those better versed with all aspects relating to the chronological order of things may chip in here, however this KH marked buckle is almost "speculative" in status.

Wonderful buckle.

Regards,

David

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DAF for Review - KH44
    P
    Many

I like it.

Quote by kirby View Post
    Hello. The nickel ones are harder to find. Even highly polished it is worth having if the price was right. Here is a M4/44 with the original finish.
    the seller had it marked at 145 dols but I had purchased some her late husband's bring backs last year and was able to agree to $85.

?

I was thinking $100 or less would be a good price. So you did well.

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Even though it's lost it's patina i'd be happy to own it!...
    Is the color/dullness a patina or were these buckles originally issued in a matte finish?

Joe, sorry I could not answer your PM as I was away at a wedding and very drunk! Mate smashing buckle and IMO very rare markings as David as already stated, in ref to the price worth every penny in my eyes
    Ben

Quote by josephc View Post
    Is the color/dullness a patina or were these buckles originally issued in a matte finish?
    We have a tantalising degree of documentation about these nickle silver DAF-Werkschar buckles, however the degree is minimally non representational to say the least.

If I had to make a guess, I would suggest that all these buckles enjoyed the benefit of an artificially applied matt finish.

Here is the obverse of a nickle silver DAF-Werkschar buckle that I have.

Regards,

David

Very nice and interesting. I've never seen the KH 44 before.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2