Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

N.s.b.o.

Article about: 3

Default N.s.b.o.

Hello all ,

what do we think about this NSBO buckle ?

In my opinion it is original......

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture N.s.b.o.   N.s.b.o.  

N.s.b.o.   N.s.b.o.  

Attached Images Attached Images N.s.b.o. 
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement N.s.b.o.
    P
    Many

Default Re: N.s.b.o.

Not really my bag markus, but from the construction of the buckle I like it, a nice looking buckle infact
    Ben

Dear Ben ,

thats also my thinking but let us wait for more opinions

evtl. can David and Kirby say more about this buckle ...........
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

Nothing wrong with this buckle

I also see no problems with this buckle. Looks good!

Rob

I hold exactly the same NSBO buckle and I must admit, it is not one that I feel overly comfortable toward. Essentially, it does not shout fake, although it is a buckle that I am not sure about as being original. There are 4 points which bother me about this buckle and indeed, the majority of other exact NSBO's that I see too often. (1) Whilst I am unsure if the exact roundel is faked, I have seen this exact roundel on fake and nonsense boxes. (2) This type of heavy shouldered pin shroud (at the point where the claws protrude) makes me a little nervous on early buckles. This type of pin shroud does exist on original early buckles, although not very often. (3) The light application of the solder spots. Is there enough there to support the roundel? Has the roundel been affixed with say silver solder or even, super glue? I do though hold SA buckles which are similar. (4) The colouring to the reverse of the box seems slightly artificial. As though someone has tried to artificially age perhaps.

One point makes us twitchy, although four points....ouch! All in all, a NSBO that I am wary of and I am not 100% sure if it is original.

Just to add something else, I have an NSBO buckle with this exact design of roundel, although the detail is must sharper, clearer and better. In addition, a totally different back by the type of solder points and the pin shroud arrangement. This one I am 100% sure is original and indeed is the only one I have ever seen. This does not bode well for the "other" one I am afraid.

Regards,

David

?

Hello Here is the only example I have and I think I have owned this one 25-30 years. I don't really study the details like David but the small amount on solder would make me wonder.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture N.s.b.o.   N.s.b.o.  

i think it looks nice

tom

Default N.s.b.o.

Dear Kirby

Thankyou for your ever straight guiding hand input and I think that the NSBO buckle that you have shown is absolutely spot on. 100% original and by coincidence, ties in exactly with the "hammer head totally within the wreath" that I have and will later show.

Attached are images of 2 very suspect buckles. Attached also is a photo merge of what I think are suspect versus correct roundels. I owe an apology to the forum as I mentioned earlier that these were exact detail roundels. Not so (not plucked these buckles from their box for 3 years) and there are finite differences which on close scrutiny, are as clear as day. No prizes chaps for spotting the differences.

Finally, an image of the NSBO that I have, similar to the one posted by Kirby and which I know is period.

The more I think about it, the more that I think that the others are post 1945.

Regards,

David

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast