Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

NSBO buckles , need help

Article about: Hi all . I will ask your opinions about this buckles . Regards Yury buckle № 1

Default NSBO buckles , need help

Hi all .
    I will ask your opinions about this buckles .
    Regards
    Yury

buckle № 1
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSBO buckles , need help   NSBO buckles , need help  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSBO buckles , need help
    P
    Many

Default Re: NSBO buckles , need help

Buckle № 2NSBO buckles , need help
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSBO buckles , need help  

buckle № 3
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSBO buckles , need help   NSBO buckles , need help  

Hi,
    the third buckle is a not often seen one, which I like alot. I would call it a rare one.
    I don't like buckle 1 and 2 although they have a nice roundel. Problem to me is, you find this roundel on various boxes and
    not all of them look period to me. I found this roundel, unused, on a fleamarket in the 1980s. It had not been soldered before.
    This fact makes me a little unsure, if this type is really period. But this is just my humble opinion.
    Thomas

This is a potentially worrying thread.

Rather like Thomas, I think that the first two buckles are fake NSBO's. The worry is that I was not aware that this quite specific design of roundel was currently being faked, that is if the roundels are actually fake. It is just odd that we have two highly suspect boxes which both display the same roundel. One of the joys of NSBO collecting is the high number of those seen where a "period" roundel has been attached to say an Imperial or early Weimar era box. Having said that, the first two boxes do not sit comfortably with myself.

The third buckle though and in my opinion and similar to Thomas again, is original and very rare.

Regards,

David

I have never collected or had any of these buckles so to be honest I do not know much about them. Just looking at all three buckles I would have said that the middle one out of all of them was the original one, to me it looks like a Overhoff design, looking at the ears and paint especially, just goes to show!
    Ben

Thank you for your help . It s a pity but I think so that you are right . What nasty sellers !

Quote by pryagin View Post
    Thank you for your help . It s a pity but I think so that you are right . What nasty sellers !
    maybe not nasty, maybe just unaware of selling doubtful stuff

Hello All,

Bumping this thread with images of a fake NSBO that I recently came across. This buckle is deceptive by way of a convincing roundel and solder points yet is given away by the box's artificially aged appearance. An odd fake buckle also by way of the upside-down/left handed orientation of the roundel.

Best,
    Adam