Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Selection of N.S.B.O.

Article about: I do not think that the NSBO buckle is particularly sought after or popular within the collecting fraternity, although having said that, there are some quite interesting, unusual and strikin

Default Re: Selection of N.S.B.O.

Emmanuel

Thankyou for posting your NSBO buckles and hopefully, more will follow !

Why do you think that the factory emblem NSBO is a fake ?

This unique buckle has been discussed so many times before and on other forums, although for the moment, there is no evidence whatsoever to support that this "non regulated" item is a fake.

I am for the moment very comfortable holding this quite special buckle.

Regards,

David

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Selection of N.S.B.O.
    P
    Many

Great buckles guys....Here are my two to throw into the mix!
    Great to see so many variants!
    Cheers!
    Rob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Selection of N.S.B.O.   Selection of N.S.B.O.  

Selection of N.S.B.O.   Selection of N.S.B.O.  

Attached Images Attached Images Selection of N.S.B.O.  Selection of N.S.B.O. 

Hello
    Hope I'm able to add some new variations to mix David's excellent selection.

Alex.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Selection of N.S.B.O.   Selection of N.S.B.O.  

Selection of N.S.B.O.   Selection of N.S.B.O.  

p38
    ?

Nice design...

a lot of different ones..

David: I thought factory buckle was a fake because a lot of collectors think that in forums...

so ???

best
    Emmanuel

Alex

Welcome to the forum and we look forward to your hopefully both starting and participating within the buckle threads here.

Thankyou for posting the two NSBO buckles and of course, the super oddity box one where the roundel has been purposely "misaligned" for a more striking visual impact. The effect of an upright fist (so beloved by the left wing groups) and of course, the lettering of NSBO being in a clear horizontal line.

The NSBO "gürtelschließe" is extremely interesting, however this type of buckle is one that I have very little experience with. I suppose that it is a home made or cottage industry product, made by or commissioned by an NSBO member or supporter.

Emmanuel

What you have said is perfectly true. Remember this though, there are still many collectors who believe every word of every buckle publication without question. In addition, there are still many collectors who believe every word of the so called buckle experts without question. Both attitudes are immensely dangerous and really, the books and the so called experts should only be used as convenient guides. This buckle and in my opinion, has fallen victim of a false, mistaken and unsubstantiated assessment and of course, the myth has been perpetuated without question. Again in my opinion, the buckle is more than likely pre 1945 in origin.

Regards,

David

VladRus
    ?

David, at you a great collection!!!!!

p38
    ?

thank you for explanation David

I'll look this buckle with "another eye"...

best
    Emmanuel

David Hello and Thanks for Your Welcome.
    I'll try not to be so lazy. to take a part at Forum.
    So, Buckles.
    The Hammer is ready to strike - I like it very much.
    The NSBO "gЭrtelschlieъe" - They said, Belgian roots ?
    The "Factory" Buckle - I've always been in love with it but too suspicious and greedy to get it.

Alex.

PS: There are 2 NSBO Buckles coming soon. Will be glad to share with the Forum

Thankyou for all the comments chaps and please, there must be more NSBO buckles to be shown. Alex - looking forward to seeing the two that you mention.

Just one final parting shot about the NSBO "Factory Emblem" buckle. The point of view that I put forward, is only a personal point of view - no more and no less. Like many collectors, I buy with my heart rather than with my head and this buckle on inspection, felt correct. I have no issue whatsoever about being proved wrong (we all make mistakes), although surely it must be supported rather than at the moment, being the subject of a self perpetuating urban myth - as they say.

Regards,

David

Dan D
    ?

Nothing more to add to what has already been shown but here are my few...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Selection of N.S.B.O.  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast