Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Strange DAF buckle

Article about: I'm not interested in purchasing this buckle, but I'm curious for reference if anyone here thinks it's an original. It looks to me like someone just soldered the stick pin emblem on some oth

?

Default Strange DAF buckle

I'm not interested in purchasing this buckle, but I'm curious for reference if anyone here thinks it's an original. It looks to me like someone just soldered the stick pin emblem on some other buckle, but the seller describes it as an early model DAF buckle.

Strange DAF buckleStrange DAF buckle

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Strange DAF buckle
    P
    Many

Its a strange buckle to be honest. The DAF was quite regulatory I believe so if this was a genuine buckle I would say it would have to a pre 1935 made buckle. It looks like a cap badge or pin that has been soldered onto a box. If it is original I have never seen one before. Maybe David, Kirby or Markus may have seen one. So for me I dont like it (unless its one I have never seen)
    Ben

?

I think it could stand a chance. it looks like an early style or a privately made custom design buckle , possibly .

?

From the front it looks like a Stahlhelm buckle but without the helmet. Is it a normal size buckle? The prongs look a little wider than normal.

?

Thanks for the thoughts, guys! As I said, I'm not interested in the buckle for purchase, but it is exceptionally interesting for study. Here's the link for anyone interested:

DAF ENLISTED BUCKLE, EARLY for Sale

I don't know the size, Kirby, unfortunately. The prongs do look very wide! Interesting.

?

$425. I would need to be a 100% sure it was real before I would pay that. As a general rule I avoid one hole and three hole TR buckles.

An interesting buckle, however not one that I am madly comfortable with.

In theory, the DAF was heavily regulated by the RZM and I think from memory that the first DAF-Werkschar buckles appeared in late 1935 or early 1936.

The buckle shown is and in my opinion, a pure fantasy item. The well known and so called "St. und L" roundel (by the wreath design), complete with a completely non in simpatico DAF members lapel badge.

How is the roundel attached to the box by the way?

St. und L did attach emblems by a split pin, however and again in my opinion, not at all like this.

I have a buckle marked by the company and which has a split pin attaching the emblem. Let me know if anyone would like to see some images.

Regards,

David

?

I likey... Please David show !!

Here we go Gwar !

Thanks for the reply David, I am of the same opinion that the first DAF appeared 35/36
    Ben

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast