Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

11. Panzer-Division (Gespensterbrigade) stickpin

Article about: I just acquired this rarely encountered 11th Panzer division stickpin. The symbol represents the so called "Ghost Division" it was nicknamed this because of its speed and habit of

?

Default 11. Panzer-Division (Gespensterbrigade) stickpin

I just acquired this rarely encountered 11th Panzer division stickpin. The symbol represents the so called "Ghost Division" it was nicknamed this because of its speed and habit of turning up where its enemies least expected, the German 11th Panzer Division wreaked havoc in the East and West in World War II, playing a pivotal role in some of the biggest engagements, including Barbarossa, Stalingrad, Kursk, and the West. The pin is marked Weidman, Frankfurt. (presumably E.F. Wiedmann, Franfurt is the maker) I included a photo of the pin alongside my 20. Panzergrenadier-Division Traditions pin.

11. Panzer-Division (Gespensterbrigade) stickpin11. Panzer-Division (Gespensterbrigade) stickpin

11. Panzer-Division (Gespensterbrigade) stickpin11. Panzer-Division (Gespensterbrigade) stickpin

Last edited by Aldo; 06-03-2019 at 08:36 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 11. Panzer-Division (Gespensterbrigade) stickpin
    P
    Many

This Division was near Lyon in 1944, many pieces from vehicules with insignias, too many, for your badge, I don't know...
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

?

Quote by lebus12 View Post
    This Division was near Lyon in 1944, many pieces from vehicules with insignias, too many, for your badge, I don't know...
    Perhaps the photgraphs have been edited, I just included random photo's from the internet to illustrate the use of the insignia. I'm not sure how accurate these photo's may be.

?

I mean one of those pictures is from a ww2 video game called “war thunder” from a user made custom skin and the last panzer 2 one is probably a Russian restoration job, so these aren’t the best to judge war time insignia on.

But the pin looks pretty cool!

?

Quote by Jb4046 View Post
    I mean one of those pictures is from a ww2 video game called “war thunder” from a user made custom skin and the last panzer 2 one is probably a Russian restoration job, so these aren’t the best to judge war time insignia on.

But the pin looks pretty cool!
    But wait, if it's on the internet it has to be true ! LOL, sorry guys just meant to add a little color to the thread by showing some representations. I did not vet every picture.

Cheers, Al