Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

1st Pattern (M41) DAK Tunic

Article about: Hi guys, i got recently an awesome deal on this tunic which made me very excited as it is my first M41. It is very faded as you can see from the pictures and stripped. My friend who sold it

By the way, regarding the eagle application. Was it done correctly? A friend told me that it was done in a wrong way. Was it supposed to be done in the zig zag stitching method?
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1st Pattern (M41) DAK Tunic
    P
    Many

The eagle is a very very pale blue, almost white now and it would have been the "normal" colour.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by don_kihotis7 View Post
    By the way, regarding the eagle application. Was it done correctly? A friend told me that it was done in a wrong way. Was it supposed to be done in the zig zag stitching method?
    Usually machine sewn along the top (upside down) and then folded over and either hand or machine finished, depending on date and manufacturer, though as shown in attached images is most typical for early tunics. Later then can be machine sewn all the way around or whatever. Still a nice job done but not correct for the tunic I think.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1st Pattern (M41) DAK Tunic   1st Pattern (M41) DAK Tunic  

Regards,

Jerry

nice one Chris.

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Still a nice job done but not correct for the tunic I think.
    Thanks for the info mate.
    Not correct because is an early tunic with eagle application (fully machine sewn) found on later tunic models right?

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    nice one Chris.
    Thank you Harry

Quote by don_kihotis7 View Post
    Thanks for the info mate.
    Not correct because is an early tunic with eagle application (fully machine sewn) found on later tunic models right?
    Indeed Chris, it should be sewn like those I have shown IMHO.
    Regards,

Jerry

Indeed Chris, it should be sewn like those I have shown IMHO.
    Thanks for the assistance buddy. I don't plan to change it though as i don't want to ruin the fabric with all those stitching holes.

Chris, a superb example !.......I just love salty items, its been there and done it ! It would not take much time in the heat of the Western desert to become sun bleached, I had one exactly the same in the mid 1970's...I applied Officers insignia, it was easier to find in those days.....sold it for £40 ! Mind you I only paid £8 for it stripped ! AHHHHH, those were the days.....................(lost in thought)
    Prost ! Steve.

?

Very nice mate. Probably been chemically bleached as well as sun faded to give it the real alterkampfer look, which was often done at the time, using anti gas tablets amongst other means.

It needed a matching faded eagle like this one from my collection, though the application has been well done.
    Interesting tid bit of information regarding bleaching using gas tablets Jerry .
    I never realized that this practice took place

Regards Mark K

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast