Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

2 Summer Tunics

Article about: Hi Everyone, I've been offered these 2nd style summer tunics. I do not know what to look for to spot fakes of these, or if these are even faked for that matter. I appreciate all of your eval

Default 2 Summer Tunics

Hi Everyone,

I've been offered these 2nd style summer tunics. I do not know what to look for to spot fakes of these, or if these are even faked for that matter. I appreciate all of your evaluations to determine authenticity.

Apologies in advance for the lack of detailed images.

Thanks,
    Jake

Panzer Tunic:
    2 Summer Tunics2 Summer Tunics2 Summer Tunics

Kriegsmarine Tunic:
    2 Summer Tunics2 Summer Tunics2 Summer Tunics

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 2 Summer Tunics
    P
    Many

Interesting that they are two different versions of the summer white tunics, note the different collars/lapels. I don't think these are faked but there is a post war version which sometimes gets altered to WWII spec. These tend to not be very expensive as they are not combat tunics and are quite plain so are not so desirable to many collectors, which is perhaps why they are not often faked.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

2 nice tunics.

Thanks guys. Two questions though...
    I'm a bit concerned about the panzer tunic shoulder boards. Shouldn't these be slip on? They look like loose sew in versions to me. Second, why would the kriegsmarine tunic have award loops only on the left breast? I really wish I had these tunics in hand for better evaluation. I'll contact the seller for more detailed images.

Hi Jake, the basic tunics and breast eagles look good.

The navy shoulder boards look OK too I think. But Navy is not really my thing.

The Heer should boards are good but certainly do not belong to this tunic. The boards should be in bright silver, not dull field service type and the wear is not commensurate with the tunic.

Shoulder Boards on these tunics are always a removable type, as these tunic needed cleaning after wear. They are either the button and tongue versions as seen on the Feldbluse, or the type with a "T" shaped end which slot into an open slit on the shoulder of the tunic.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi Jake
    Did you finally Km summer tunic?
    Can you confirm that has no lapel buttonhole hole?in pics appears without it.
    There are with and without them,mine has no lapel buttonhole as you can see in post below.

Help with kriegsmarine doctor,s summer tunic
    Regards
    Fernando